Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRum2011

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
On occasion some web pages load and then go dark and inactive, i don't know what this issue is.

I have found on the latest webpage a pop up at the bottom left, I can't ready most of it as it is off the page.

It says something "...the web pages you are viewing, but.... ....increase battery life. ....Lite Widgets...."

I tried tp upload a screen but I don't know if it worked or not. Not all pages have a pop up, some are dark and inactive. Its weird, no problem in Firefox or Chrome, just Safari.

Attachments

• Screen.png
    Screen.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 219
Last edited:

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
I've had this and other issues with safari 6.0.5. It's the buggiest version I've seen in years (literally).

I don't know if there is a way to go back to 6.0.4, but if there is, I'd try that.

Did you update your mac to 10.8.4 from 10.8.3 with the normal update? If so, try the combo update, it might help, found here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1659. I updated my mac with the regular update and it became unstable, the combo update was much better, but still having safari issues.

pisbier

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2013
same thing

had the same thing

i dissabled the youtube download plugin
and averything was fine again

try deactivating any plugins you have in safari

Narbox

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2014
Check the pop up plugin

I have the same problem, I used chrome on the mac and fond it was a pop up that made the screen go dark and non responsive, so now I just need to find the popup plugin or something like that to get it to work...
Hope that help for someone:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.