Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
San Francisco
OK it's probably more abusing of abusing applecare than a funny encounter, but what the hell
So my 2011 iMac's got some dirty spots inside of the screen, and AFAIK it's a very common problem so I decided to take it to an apple store and have it cleaned, and AppleCare said yes, they can take care of it, cool.
So I got to Apple store, explained the problem, the genius asks "just out of curiosity, and this might be a little personal, any smokers in the house?"
Well, I used to smoke but I quit for almost a year, so I lied and told him that no nobody smokes.
Cool, he puts "not caused by smoking" on the paperwork, and promised a fix within 3-5 days.

A few days later when I went back to the apple store to get my iMac back, i was having some issue with my macbook pro too so i dropped that sucker off. As soon as the genius went back to the back room, a black shirt man came out with my shiny iMac with a new screen, and the genius that asked me if i smoke was walking around too, so i stopped him and said hi.

He then went "Oh you got your iMac back? good"
Me "yeah, I got a new work invoice too, it looks like you guys replaced the LCD too"
Him "yeah, like I said, you can't open it and clean it, you gotta replace the whole thing, you know, you can't smoke around it"
Me "haha, no I don't smoke"
Him "Mm hm, yeah just saying, no smoking around it."
Me "no seriously I don't smoke"
Him "yup, there's no way....just don't smoke around it"
and he fist bumped me.

It might be awkward but he was cool so whatever, lol

:cool::cool::cool:

LastZion

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
Ha, so what you (and black shirt guy) are saying is that just before your warranty is up go smoke a few bowls and blow smoke at the screen until some particles appear then get it replaced!?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.