Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joybulb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Any time I send an email, the person that receives it thinks it's from my wife, as her name is somehow embedded in all accounts loaded on my email app. The signature says my name, and Siri identifies me correctly, but that doesn't fix the issue. Any ideas?

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
If you go into Settings > Mail, Contact and Calendars > (the email account) > Account, what does it show for Name?

Joybulb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Everywhere I can think to look says my name. I did happen to stumble on one part in icloud email that had her name, and I changed it to mine, but that doesn't seem to have worked either. It still gives her name when I send a test email

Joybulb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393796704.014971.jpg

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Is this one person that thinks this or everyone who gets your email? Can they check what name shows up exactly and what email shows up exactly in the email header?

Joybulb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
I've sent emails to 3 or 4 diff accounts and they're all showing her name as the email owner, like in the inbox it will say the em address, subject and, Stephanie Txxxxxx as who the email was from. So strange

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I've sent emails to 3 or 4 diff accounts and they're all showing her name as the email owner, like in the inbox it will say the em address, subject and, Stephanie Txxxxxx as who the email was from. So strange

Try this... login to your account in a browser at icloud.com then open the web Mail section. Click the little cog at the bottom left then go to the Accounts section and change "Full Name" to what you want.

A friend of mine had this issue and that fixed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.