Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erasr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
Took mine back to apple three times. Eventually I've managed to get a brand new one. Best of all, my old one had a small crack in the screen (dropped phone on it).

Count Blah

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
US of A
I've had two crashes since receiving my Air on the 19th December. I set up my iPad from scratch and did not do baby backup/restore.

Goto a site with embedded video and scroll around immediately upon page render. I can get mine to crash 100 times an hour by simply doing that. Clean install, no restore of apps - that was the "sure fix" back then. No such thing as a sure fix

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
Go to gamespot.com and try to watch ANY video in HD. You get past every advertisement, but the second the actual video tries to load, it crashes Safari. Same thing with Google Chrome and I'm sure other browsers as well but I'm not paying to use a 3rd party browser.

I know it sounds stupid, but a lot of the times I use my iPad JUST for internet browsing and it kind of defeats the purpose of owning one if I can't have more than 3-4 tabs open or it crashes constantly.

richardbb85

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2009
Go to gamespot.com and try to watch ANY video in HD. You get past every advertisement, but the second the actual video tries to load, it crashes Safari. Same thing with Google Chrome and I'm sure other browsers as well but I'm not paying to use a 3rd party browser.

I know it sounds stupid, but a lot of the times I use my iPad JUST for internet browsing and it kind of defeats the purpose of owning one if I can't have more than 3-4 tabs open or it crashes constantly.

yup it sure crashed on mine, sucks so bad

NayborAxi

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012

Crashes here too. I am really pissed about safari/chrome crashes and i hope they get fixed in 7.1. Btw anyone on 7.1 beta try the above and report back if it crashes.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
They are identical

I guess I'm a lucky one.

Launch day rMini. No crashes. I only update with iTunes and restore as new, never use a back up.

It runs very well. Heck I'm even jail broken.

It just seems to thy Air owners seem to has this problem more and rMini owners.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I guess I'm a lucky one.

Launch day rMini. No crashes. I only update with iTunes and restore as new, never use a back up.

It runs very well. Heck I'm even jail broken.

It just seems to thy Air owners seem to has this problem more and rMini owners.

Mine doesn't crash very often, but it happens ....

Count Blah

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
US of A
iPad 2 is aging .... But for iPad air I think it is related to 64-bit implementation of iOS mainly ....

My ipad2 is VERY unstable since the move to ios7.

Since I've been a little under the weather, and snowed in today, I've been using the air a lot the last couple of days. My air has blown up in safari multiple times an hour, and I've had other apps crash as well. I found it impossible, with only safari running, to have two usable tabs, one being macrumors and other looking up reference material. Two tabs and constant reloads, and safari crashing, combine to make the simple act of posting in here an annoying chore. It's a very bad user experience. I hope 7.1 fixes most of this.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
My ipad2 is VERY unstable since the move to ios7.

Since I've been a little under the weather, and snowed in today, I've been using the air a lot the last couple of days. My air has blown up in safari multiple times an hour, and I've had other apps crash as well. I found it impossible, with only safari running, to have two usable tabs, one being macrumors and other looking up reference material. Two tabs and constant reloads, and safari crashing, combine to make the simple act of posting in here an annoying chore. It's a very bad user experience. I hope 7.1 fixes most of this.
I don't have a device so old like an iPad 2 so I can't say anything about it, but I'm quite happy with my iPad air.
Safari is buggy, I use mercury browser awaiting for 7.1, but the overall user experience with it is just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.