Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
Hey guys, I'm about to factory reset my iPod and I was wondering if there was a way to send all the notes you have to an email before I wipe it/if there's any way to only save the notes and import them when I reset to factory settings.

There's an option you can turn on to send all notes you make to an email from the point that you turn it on, but I only recently found out about this option.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Option 1: Export each note as a PDF via the notes app on your mac. Then email the lot of them to wherever.

Option 2: Copy/paste each note into an email (if you have few/short notes).

Option 3: Synchronize notes with an email like Gmail. On your mac go to Settings, Internet Accounts, then pick and email account and enable Notes.

There are probably other options. These are off the top of my head. Good luck!

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
Option 1: Export each note as a PDF via the notes app on your mac. Then email the lot of them to wherever.

Option 2: Copy/paste each note into an email (if you have few/short notes).

Option 3: Synchronize notes with an email like Gmail. On your mac go to Settings, Internet Accounts, then pick and email account and enable Notes.

There are probably other options. These are off the top of my head. Good luck!

4. You can also sync notes with iCloud so when you restore all you have to do is input your AppleID and password and you're fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.