Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ugr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2012
I got Windows 7 Premium recently and used Bootcamp to install it on a disk partition. When I first used Bootcamp, the computer would use an operating system according to which operating system was used when the computer would turn off. However, when I entered the Bootcamp control panel, I instinctively picked Mac OS X as the default operating system, and my Mac is now turning on in Mac OS X by default. How do I set the options in the Bootcamp control panel back to default so that the computer turns on how it used to?

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
I got Windows 7 Premium recently and used Bootcamp to install it on a disk partition. When I first used Bootcamp, the computer would use an operating system according to which operating system was used when the computer would turn off. However, when I entered the Bootcamp control panel, I instinctively picked Mac OS X as the default operating system, and my Mac is now turning on in Mac OS X by default. How do I set the options in the Bootcamp control panel back to default so that the computer turns on how it used to?

In OSX, system preferences then startup disc - choose Windows

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.