Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

velvetlounger

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
After searching the apple website and various fourms I have come to the conclusion that I can only replace the batty in my Late 2011 Macbook Pro if I either:

A) Take it into an apple store and have a genius do it.
B) Buy a non OEM battery and replace it myself.

Are there any other options out there? I would like to buy an OEM battery and replace it myself. And yes, I am more than capable of doing this.

Thanks!

nickandre21

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2012
Well it would be hard to find an original apple oem battery, you can try macsales or ifixit or powermedic. I guess apple would charge around 130$ before taxes for replacing and the battery.
Non oem woukd give lesser battery time or have a short life span.

joecool99

Suspended
Aug 20, 2008
USA
After searching the apple website and various fourms I have come to the conclusion that I can only replace the batty in my Late 2011 Macbook Pro if I either:

A) Take it into an apple store and have a genius do it.
B) Buy a non OEM battery and replace it myself.

Are there any other options out there? I would like to buy an OEM battery and replace it myself. And yes, I am more than capable of doing this.

Thanks!

if you are capable as you claim, why this post?
order it online and DO IT.

velvetlounger

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
if you are capable as you claim, why this post?
order it online and DO IT.

I guess that from my first post it was obvious that I cant find an OEM battery online. I certainly cant seem to order one from the Apple website. Is that an adequate reasoning for the post sensei?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.