Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
I cried when I watched the "Battle of Los Angeles" (also tears of pain) but it was that bad :D. I'm not sure any other video has a lower rating then 1.9 on IMDB.

Some anime dramas will get a tear out of me.

I know it's just a crummy movie/U.S. Marines rah-rah fest, but a part of me took a guilty pleasure in watching that movie.

Edit: Whoops, I guess that's a different movie. I was thinking of Battle: Los Angeles

---

I don't think I've ever cried from just a movie, but a few have come close. Besides Toy Story 3, the ending to Friday Night Lights almost did it.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I cry, not your actual sobbing, but much sniffling and tearing at many films (also music will often bring tears). Offhand, I recalling that reaction the first time I saw Casablanca...but there have been many other films inducing tears.

On another thread I have been told that I am "weak" because I didn't fight a lot...so now add "wussy" to "weak".

An emotional slob...and proud of it!:p

Oh, yeah...I cried at Avatar, but for entirely different reasons!;)

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
The Color Purple .... At the very end when the kids came back to America from Africa and saw their mother(played by Whoopi Goldberg) for the first time since they left.

Ghost .... When she finally saw her husband as a ghost at the end.

Forest Gump .... My eyes got watery at certain parts.

There is probably a couple more but those are the ones I can think of at the moment.

T.Doyobi

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2013
There were a couple of times in 'Crash' (not the David Cronenburg one but the Paul Haggis one 2004, IMDB) that had me in tears, I don't want to go into details because it may spoil it for those that haven't seen it yet. But I thought it was a moving film, there is one bit in particular that is quite upsetting, I recommend it if you've not seen it check it out.

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
I had a hard time watching through the last 15 minutes of Dancer in the Dark. Extremely intense and draining.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
I rarely cry, in fact since last night I can't remember the last time I cried, people use to think I was weird for it. I am 25 year old male. However last night I wanted to see what all the fuss about the notebook was like, and so I decided to settle down with my girlfriend and watch it. By the end of it, I was balling, so much that I literally had to slap myself out of it, embarrassing! Amazing what films/television can make you feel.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

The Notebook is the only movie I've ever been to in theaters wherein the majority of the audience was crying (me and my then-boyfriend included, who never cries at movies). You could hear a ton of sniffles and when everyone walked out, they had the red eyes or just extremely solemn and quiet.

But to answer your question, yes. I cry in a lot of the stupid rom-coms (haha). Most recent one is "About Time" - if you've ever lost anyone important to you, you'd know why (trying to be as vague as possible to avoid a spoiler).

----------

I almost did in the doctor who episode Angles in Manhattan. I know some one who cried a lot a lot a lot during that episode

Oh, god. That episode. I miss Rory.

charlesbronsen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
Toronto, Ont
The only one I can remember crying to was one of the short circuit movies when some thugs beat up Johnny5. The exorcism of Emily Rose gave me a panic attack about 5 mins in, never did or will finish that movie

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.