Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zen0dotus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2014
Hey everyone,

So I have a late 2009 C2D 27" iMac (A1312 EMC 2309)

I just replaced the hard drive. I reassembled it, it powers up, I get the startup chord, and the screen goes full white.

I checked and found that the mobo end of the Vertical Sync cable had gotten munged, so I replaced that, but I have the same symptoms.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know a solution?

Is there a chance that it's the LVDS cable?

I'd love a knowledgable response before I drop more money on a part, so I don't buy the wrong one!

Thanks very much in advance,

zen0

zen0dotus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2014
No, I haven't been able to install the OS. There is no video on the screen. It's just white.

I try holding down the C key with the Snow Leopard disk in the drive, but there is not change, the screen is just all lit up white.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
No, I haven't been able to install the OS. There is no video on the screen. It's just white.

I try holding down the C key with the Snow Leopard disk in the drive, but there is not change, the screen is just all lit up white.

With the SL disc in the SuperDrive, power on your Mac while holding down the Option key, then select the SL disc to boot from.

photosmike

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2010
When I had this problem, I found that I had not seated the "display data cable" (the wide one) properly. Re-connecting it solved the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.