Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tech198

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
For all knows interested, Steve Jobs: Lost Interview, is now available on the iTiunes Store to Buy

I just saw this last night...

Not bad at all.... Its kind of like Steve Jobs: One Last thing, but takes a personal walk as an interview from the man himself, when he left NexT, when he returned to Apple, why he left Apple, perception of how other companies do things wring etc... you get the idea

He explained how in the early days how they made Free calls by a technical botch-up in AT&T revealing the entire tech manual in a library, discovering they stuff the phone tones on the sane frequency as the voice...

In any case. i won't spoil it :)

I just have few things here :-

- When Steve Jobs left, Apple was basically at a stand still, allowing Microsoft to "catch-up".

What would had happen if Steve didn't leave ? Would Microsoft not have caught up at all ?

The interview is pretty good, and i would say "go together" with Steve Jobs: One Last Thing, which i both bought on the iTunes Store..

However, whatever all that happened, my goal here is to still, and always say, the success of Apple and Steve jobs is one, and always will be...

As a successful company, while other companies tend to loose the plot with what they are making in terms of great products, they go off at a tenget when they get new people in...

However,, I think this is Exactly what Apple is doing now....

When Steve Jobs was running, everything was focused.... But now Tim is in, and allot of layoff happen, bring in "more experienced" people from Google (which by all means, how can Google possibly know the experience of Apple) , add to the fact, all of these "lay-offs" happened in a relevantly short period... Its the first time i ever heard of multiple shakeup's all in the same year, i think

True, people do need replacing, but Scott Forestall was good at what he did...

Some would argue, thanks to he's leaving Maps improved, but personally Apple tells us and we think it.... That's it.

Add to this but the multiple bugs in iOS7, thing SSL major flaw, AND Mavericks too.... Steve wouldn't have done that...... And waited a long time to even notice...

I dunno what program Apple uses to do code, but from a coders perspective, ANY program checking would have flagged this... (obviously Apple didn't do this)

I'm not bashing Apple here, just pointing out the flaws since Time came on board... (par the obvious mistakes Apple seems to make, and never learn from them.)

I do hope Apple bounces back to the level what we expected from Steve Jobs, but Tim is not Steve, and i would say to a point he is probably nothing like Steve..

He's different with thinking.....

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.