Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first test build of OS X 10.9.3 to registered Mac developers, just over a week after releasing OS X 10.9.2. The new beta, which has a build number of 13D12, is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store as well as through the Mac Dev Center.

osx1093.jpg
Apple is currently asking developers to focus on Graphics Drivers and Audio, and there is no word yet on specific fixes and changes included in the update.

The last Mavericks update, OS X 10.9.2, added FaceTime Audio, the ability to block iMessage users on the Mac, and a fix for a critical SSL vulnerability. 10.9.2 saw a beta testing period of approximately two months, and it is likely 10.9.3 will also see several beta iterations before a public release.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 Beta to Developers

maxsquared

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2009
London
Wonder how long we will wait for this one? And hopefully... hopefully they can make the earlier versions of RMBP even better.

-LikesMac-

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
"Apple Seeds" you know, I never thought about how that can be wordplay. :D

Also, this was snappier than expected.

What's new here?

pk7

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2011
I saw the push notification from MacRumors and my knee jerk reaction was that iOS 7.1 was out. :(

This is still good news though!

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Since 10.9.2, has anyone else been having issues with Airport? It seems to randomly drop its Internet connection on both my home and work Macs. When I launch Airport Utility and click on the Internet icon, the signal returns. Then it will drop again later. (I sent feedback to Apple; hopefully a fix is on the way.)

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
that's awesome

Apple has been really working their butts off to getting OS X "fixed". I used quotes because my macbook has no problems at all, granted I don't use the mail app like everyone else.

I wonder if Apple will introduce anything new besides bug fixes this time around.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Since 10.9.2, has anyone else been having issues with Airport? It seems to randomly drop its Internet connection on both my home and work Macs. When I launch Airport Utility and click on the Internet icon, the signal returns. Then it will drop again later. (I sent feedback to Apple; hopefully a fix is on the way.)

I've had issues with my wifi not reconnecting after waking from sleep, and sometimes it just randomly drops the connection. I've never suffered from this before, but since 10.9.2, it has been occurring most times.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007

I never had any issues with the Wi-Fi. I got a '12 rMBP, the '11 MBA has no issues either.

Chazz08

Cancelled
Dec 4, 2012
Didn't they ask the developers to focus on the same things all throughout 10.9.2 beta testing? Curious as to what they mean exactly, too.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
I've had issues with my wifi not reconnecting after waking from sleep, and sometimes it just randomly drops the connection. I've never suffered from this before, but since 10.9.2, it has been occurring most times.
+1 for this. I'll wake the MBP from sleep and it'll take about 30 seconds to reconnect to the WiFi. Mavericks 10.9.0 had quashed a similar bug that I had in Mountain Lion, but sadly it is back...

zombiecakes

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2012
Went back to Mountain Lion on my 2009 MBP yesterday, wish I did earlier. Couldnt even watch HD video in Mavericks because the video drivers suck so bad, and the whole thing just felt slow and laggy (Im sure all the extra apps I had to install to bring back basic common sense usability that Apple removed didnt help).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.