Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kilowattradio

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2009
Oregon
There hasn't been an update to Safari for Windows since 2012. Is Apple just letting it die a slow death?

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
My guess.....

is exactly as yours......:confused:.....And being forced by work to be in Windows environments, I would like to have an updated Safari......

But then, Apple sometimes let things untouched and uncommented by long time, while pondering their worth or priorities are in other places.....So maybe, there are slim hopes for a refresh....:D

:):apple:

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
It's already dead. Apple removed all mention of it from the main page back in 2012. I'm sure the only reason it's still available through the support pages is so people have something to sync their bookmarks to.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Looks like Apple realised it was a lost cause. It always ran terribly anyway. Good riddance.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It was an aweful port, I tried it, and found it to be inferior to the other browsers. I'll say that is probably abandoned by apple.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
It seems Safari for Windows was made available to help create web-clips designed for iOS, or rather iPhone OS back in the days when the iPhone 1 was just released.
That "cause" plus some internet-bashing helped Apple quite Safari for Windows.

You cannot download Safari through Apple Software Update for Windows for some time now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.