Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
What surprised me about the video was how much that Apple conference room looks like an Apple store. They really do extend their design ethic across all aspects of the company.

2 imacs in the back of the room to cash out any sales. :)

putongnihongo

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2012
Netanyahu might have a 20th century mindset in a 21st century situation BUT he is a true believer in the Jewish State and does everything he can to promote it. Israel is the start up nation and for its small size, has given to the world so much in the ways of science, health, and technology advancements.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
Obama goes to places like Japan just #1 focused on promoting American businesses? No. I don't hear about this.

To be fair, he does visit nations with business and trade delegations for furthering business ties with developing nations and granting access to american businesses and the defense companies within those nations. It just so happens that multi billion dollar defense deals fall through at the 11th hour because word leaks that we secretly spied on private conversations of the President of that nation pissing her off. In other parts he has lobbied significantly for opening up of the massive retail industry to US and other multinational companies (in India for example) such as wal-mart.

Japan is all about strategic interests in the region, and one can expect major defense spending for our defense industry coming from Japan as it becomes more fearful of chinese blue water ambitions and buys its way into the US pacific pivot. Same with SOKO..

Last edited:

Oracle1729

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2009
Then I realized he is already running a company that is larger than several countries. And he does not have to go through a campaign process. So probably not.

More than several countries;

Apple's 2013 revenue was $171 Billion. According to the CIA world factbook GDP ranking, this would put Apple is 61st place out of 229 countries, right behind Morocco and ahead of Kuwait.

Israel is still ahead of Apple at 49th place ;).

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
More than several countries;

Apple's 2013 revenue was $171 Billion. According to the CIA world factbook GDP ranking, this would put Apple is 61st place out of 229 countries, right behind Morocco and ahead of Kuwait.

Israel is still ahead of Apple at 49th place ;).

Actually if you look at it based on Revenue, then the $171b revenue that Apple makes when compared to the revenue for each country, Apple would be 25th overall and Isreal would be 43rd.

My source -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_budget_by_country

Giuly

macrumors 68040
Obama goes to places like Japan just #1 focused on promoting American businesses? No. I don't hear about this.

US Presidents go to other countries often, but usually the last thing they talk about is trying to promote and bolster the American companies. The Presidents go abroad usually with diplomacy and military alliances to discuss.

Maybe Tokyo's Sushi is just better than DC's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.