Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
I think it depends on the manufacturer of the display, or so I've read.

My 5s is a lot warmer than the blue tinted screen on my 4.

Nipommu

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2011
You've got a batch of iphones that were calibrated a little bit more yellow than others. I've got a yellow tinted iphone as well. I hated it and i still hate it now. i tried to overlook it because the phone works 100% and the outter shell has no physical damage from factory (rare). Tried on two occasions going to the apple store for a swap which nobody did for me and i felt ridiculous asking for an exchange that not very noticeable unless you tried (try telling that to the genius).

I even asked one of them to follow me through the model ones and giving them a comparison which all of them said, "i don't see a difference". They either think you are insane because they 'don't see it at all' or they can't swap for such a minor difference which i don't blame them at all. just sucks. a lot of people on this site play the 'lotto game' where you hit the jackpot if you get an iphone that is perfect, no yellow screen, no dust, no dead pixels, no light leakage etc etc...which seems to be getting more and more rare.

i feel the quality has gone down hill a bit as i had no issues like these up to and pre iphone 4. all my idevices were perfect without screen coloration. my ipad air has yellow effect only on the left half of the screen and is a known and common characteristic among airs and retina minis (according to forums and articles). kinda gave up now, no matter how hard you try, you won't get swapped unless you get lucky. you have to get used to it or hate it until you buy the next model. im doing the latter. sucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.