Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwelmarten

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
England!
Hi,
I'm having a bit of trouble with syncing my iPad. I normally sync it from my laptop which has all my music, movies, apps etc. However, I store my very large photo library on my photography computer. Now, I want to get a selection of the Aperture libraries onto my iPad. I tried just plugging it into Photography computer and deselecting the sync option for everything except photos, but this removed all the music etc from my original computer (even though I didn't try and sync this with my photography computer).

I'm going through the lengthly (3 hours) restore from my laptop to get the music and movies back on, and will see if the photos remain, but I'm going to need a more permanent solution, as when I plug it back into my photography computer it's going to loose the music, movies and apps again (even though their 'Sync Music' box is unchecked on that computer). Certainly in the good old days it was possible to sync the different media categories from different computers (e.g. Music would come from one computer, movies from another, and photos from another).

Is this still the case? If not, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sam

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.