Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Quote from Nikon:

"Nikon is making available to all owners of D600 cameras (even if Nikon's product warranty has expired) this customer-service measure, which includes the inspection, cleaning and replacement of the shutter assembly and related parts of your camera, FREE OF CHARGE as well as the cost of shipping D600 cameras to Nikon and their return to customers via Purolator by using a dedicated shipping label. Once again, please understand that regardless of this service, your D600 camera as is the case with all D-SLR cameras, will continue to require normal periodic sensor cleanings."

Link to Nikon Canada but I've read this applies to Nikon Global: Link

Nice...I just hope it doesn't take ages to get this done. :rolleyes:

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I'm not a Nikon user, but I'm glad to see that they are owning up to something they should have done awhile ago. I guess they took a lot of heat from their customer base about the issues surrounding the D600. This is definitely good for all you D600 owners. Although it sucks being without a body for a week, unless you have a back up to use in the meantime.

Padaung

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2007
UK
Just received my camera back today. This is the message Nikon enclosed:

Fit new spare parts
Check, test and clean equipment
Thorough cleaning of mirror box, mirror mechanism and sensor area. Performing precautionary measures to reduce entry/dispersion of dust particles. Please note that DSLR cameras cannot be sealed completely, dust/particles could potentially enter the system during operation (e.g. lens change, focusing/zooming etc.) Please see camera manual for cleaning instructions.

Parts fitted:
1F999-708

A Google search indicates the new part may be a new shutter mechanism.

Fingers crossed!!! Time will tell...

My camera was away for a total of 13 days. Camera was returned by courier for no charge (I dropped it off at the repair centre myself, but when I spoke to Nikon UK on the phone the lady said they would have pay the initial postage too).

Kurwenal

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2012
Just received my camera back today. This is the message Nikon enclosed:

Fit new spare parts
Check, test and clean equipment
Thorough cleaning of mirror box, mirror mechanism and sensor area. Performing precautionary measures to reduce entry/dispersion of dust particles. Please note that DSLR cameras cannot be sealed completely, dust/particles could potentially enter the system during operation (e.g. lens change, focusing/zooming etc.) Please see camera manual for cleaning instructions.

Parts fitted:
1F999-708

A Google search indicates the new part may be a new shutter mechanism.

Fingers crossed!!! Time will tell...

My camera was away for a total of 13 days. Camera was returned by courier for no charge (I dropped it off at the repair centre myself, but when I spoke to Nikon UK on the phone the lady said they would have pay the initial postage too).

I have read on other forums that Nikon is automatically replacing every shutter mechanism on any D600 sent in for any repair or service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.