Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

K88

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2014
Thank you, even if the other linusyang/SSLPatch looks fine with gotofail.com ;)
I will install the rpetrich solution if I find issue or pb
cheers,

the rpetrich patch fails on my b3 iphone5S, strange (the install is ok but after reboot gotofail says that i am vulnerable ;( , so I keep on linusyang patch.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
the rpetrich patch fails on my b3 iphone5S, strange (the install is ok but after reboot gotofail says that i am vulnerable ;( , so I keep on linusyang patch.

Neither does mine fail after a reboot (iPad3).

mymonkeyballs

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2013
Would appreciate your feedback later today on the same.

----------

Sorry, to hear and thanks for sharing. Seems like it's something I'll have to pass up.

Sitting tight and happy on 7.1b3 along side Forecast and Calendar on Lockscreen apps.

No problem, stay on 7.1b3 if you can.
So much better

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Tested it.

Unfortunately, b2/b3 indeed doesn't at all support the Lightning HDMI adapter. It displays the following error message upon connecting the adapter:

(original: http://www.flickr.com/photos/33448355@N07/11967960084/

While, under 7.0.4, the adapter is properly recognized.

As I've promised, I've tested the adapter under later iOS 7.1b versions - this time, on my rMini I quickly updated to 7.1b5 to be able to run my memory usage tests (see my iPhone5-specific ones at https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/18522600/ ) and compare the results to those of 7.0.6.

On 7.1b5, the adapter works just fine. A screenshot on my rMini:

Attachments

• IMG_0002.PNG
    IMG_0002.PNG
    196.7 KB · Views: 103

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
As I've promised, I've tested the adapter under later iOS 7.1b versions - this time, on my rMini I quickly updated to 7.1b5 to be able to run my memory usage tests (see my iPhone5-specific ones at https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/18522600/ ) and compare the results to those of 7.0.6.

Cool to know it will be the same on GM then. I imagined so too, but odd they left it out on previous versions instead of carrying it over. Non-issue for me. Not once did I do video output (non-airplay that is) on iOS 6 on my devices.

Anyways, I'm jazzed about 7.1b2. My iProducts feel invincible and relatively bug-free and tweak loaded, legitimately. Thank you so much jonmiller and company for making this happening, post expiry Not tainted by later beta UI changes that in turn affect UX (tacky and crowded phone functionality, and what I saw on beta 3 with that new power down look and phone circle look, 'eh' I prefer the horizontal bars on beta 2) either. And it's been rock solid, I've still heard iffy things about beta 5's reliabiity as in "not ready for GM" status unless people are being nit picky. Beta 3 to me felt like a beta right away, iTunes Match lag on artists with tons of albums and songs, and I hated not having ColorFlow/music app tweak-ability either. And app store updates not having labels. I love no labels a la Springtomize but not on app updates-- weirds me out. I experienced more Safari crashing too, but WAYYYYYY less than the limited and painful time I was exposed to 7.0.4.

Beta 2, notwithstanding lack of lightning video support, feels ready for GM to me. And before your counter argument, look at 7.0.4/7.0.6 and how its GM and publicly signed. LOL.

I'm in sheer awe of the speed too with animations sped up and using that a7 on my rMini. Not to say a6 is a slouch, but a7+7.1 SHREDS. I also must still be in the WOW phase with my Rmini even though I got it boxing day, over form factor and getting a great screen first go round. I got crappy ipad 4 screens and went through hell to get a good ipad 3 one so i went back to it despite being a5x and all (30-pin as well), so I didn't wanna dabble and ended up striking gold! This thing feels like a quantum leap even coming from 6.1.2 on the 3, at the time tweaked to perfection. Speaking of which, I've felt since iOS 6+7 jailbreaks (evasi0n era) I've felt like I've been taking advantage of more tweaks than ever and functionality messing around and keeping an ear out here (lots of kudos to MR and its users, the main place getting 7.1 beta coverage, r/jailbreak seems to frown upon it, and iDB doesnt really discuss it cause its not relevant to most people), r/jailbreak and iDB for new tweak developments. It seems like the golden era gets a bit more golden every couple of days.

Can't imagine the iOS8 jailbroken/iPhone 6 combo. Hopefully GM by that go round and none of this rat race geohot lunar eclipse/chinese/piracy drama event, though I am still quite grateful for its the gift that keeps on giving. On the pad front I am set. I feel really set with my iPhone 5 too at the moment, but I would only imagine its only going to improve from here.

Screen_Shot_2011-09-27_at_2.58_.27_PM__718_400_s_c1.png

Not just ordinary, extra-ordinary!

I have three pages of tweaks in Settings not including those that are just icons or tweaks without preferences or icons that just take effect:
http://imgur.com/GxEptet.jpg
http://imgur.com/E3tcAQp.jpg
http://imgur.com/X1EYbgv.jpg

Last edited:

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012

Thanks, weird that they left it out of b1-3 then :/

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I don't think it was deliberate... just a bug / oversight.

video out on beta 4 works too?

Seems like such strange timing, given 1-3 are exploitable. But you're probably right.

If Apple wanted, they could have pushed a 7.0.5 evasi0n fix before the 7.0.6 SSL patch but they didn't. Like 6.1.2 to 6.1.3 that wasn't exploitable for so long.. Not out of the kindness of their hearts though, but it probably boosts hardware sales at least a little bit. I know I went out and scrambled for new pad hardware when the window was open on the earlier betas.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
video out on beta 4 works too?

Dunno, haven't tested - only b2, 3 and 5.

Not out of the kindness of their hearts though, but it probably boosts hardware sales at least a little bit. I know I went out and scrambled for new pad hardware when the window was open on the earlier betas.

Yup, with JB, my preferred phones are iPhones because I can record calls and tweak my camera. Without JB, I wouldn't bother with iPhones - then, I'd go for either a high-end Android or would stick with my Nokia 808 with its excellent camera & call recording support.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Just a quick note: the absolutely essential Photo Info, as of the recently-released version 2.0.0, is incompatible with b2/b3.

See https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/18870859/ for my report.

Pretty happy I've stayed on 7.0.x on my two main iDevices (iPhone5 / rMini) and only upgraded one of my iPad3's (now handed down to the wife) to 7.1b3 - I'd certainly be infuriated by not being able to use this tool on my main devices.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
I'm curious, if I need to restore 7.1 b3, am I still capable or am I now locked out like 7.0.6 users now?

No 7.1b3 restore - the signing window was closed weeks ago. That is, all you can do is upgrading to 7.1final.

jefo13

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
Airplay

Quick question, I am on beta 3 as well and I cant get airplay mirroring to work, it bounces back to iphone... it does work within an app or camera roll but only while displaying the media. I was able to replicate the problem in safe mode which leads me to believe is an ios problem, perhaps the beta?? Anyone?

Im on a 5s

Tigrao

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2012
I am on beta 3 as well and I cant get airplay mirroring to work, it bounces back to iphone...

I have the same problem on my iPhone 5. It looks like it is a 7.1 beta problem. I am tempted to go to 7.1.1 just to fix this problem.

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2012
No 7.1b3 restore - the signing window was closed weeks ago. That is, all you can do is upgrading to 7.1final.

It might not be a bad idea in the OP to actually write out the process for doing this, to simplify for future (iOS 8) Betas in case people might want this.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
It might not be a bad idea in the OP to actually write out the process for doing this, to simplify for future (iOS 8) Betas in case people might want this.

Sorry, haven't had the time - and I did link to others' mini-tutorials in the #.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.