Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rhobes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Bigfork, MT
Hi All-

I have a .wav audio file I downloaded from a creative commons web site. I received 2 items in the download 1) Victory at Sea - 96k64b-002.wav and 2) Victory at Sea - 96k64b-002.wav.part Why 2 downloads?

Neither one can be played by iTunes or QT7 (max update for Snow leopard). Also curious that the titles can't be changed in either.

I've read .wav can be converted to mp3 in iTunes but cannot get either file into iTunes library to try it. I want to upload this audio within a video for YouTube (You Tube wants MP3 or AAC).

I'm having trouble finding good Royalty free music/Creative Commons that can be used on You Tube, Then I found this music (exactly what I wanted for my sailing video). So many downloads seem incompatible and all vary depending where you find them.

Sackvillenb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Canada! \m/
the .part suggests to me you might have an incomplete version from downloading it (as in you downloaded it twice by mistake, one version was incomplete). Try importing it into a garageband track? Or try VLC?

Rhobes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Bigfork, MT
the .part suggests to me you might have an incomplete version from downloading it (as in you downloaded it twice by mistake, one version was incomplete). Try importing it into a garageband track? Or try VLC?

Thanks for the quick reply! I re- downloaded as you suggested but this time selected OPEN in iTunes instead of SAVING. That did it, opens in iTunes and plays as well as imported within iTunes.....:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.