Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2012
IMO it looks ok but maybe not super great. it's tough to theme an entire UI! still tho i would use it except for the fact that it seems to make some text light grey, making it hard to read, especially in places where the background remains white(like in certain text entry fields in Messages or Email.. etc)

I'm torn between Eclipse and waiting for Uicolors !!

Yeah I think I will be waiting for an update or for UIColors.

fdjofre

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2013
The new update did make it much better, things look a little more polished. You guys should check it out now.

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2011
PA
Does anyone have a problem with their eclipse app working? I updated the tweak and I can't get it to work anymore.. nothing is blackened.

monderick

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
Threw a buck away to try this out.
Looks great for native apps (settings/safari/pictures/etc) but completely awful for most other apps, especially when entering text.
Instead of having to blacklist everything, I'll just uninstall it.
Buyer beware.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
^
It would only take a moment to 'blacklist' those non-stock apps that don't appeal to you, shouldn't it?

That way you have the best of both worlds.

tateu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2012
I'll just uninstall it.
Me too. The settings app is about the only thing I though looked good. I'm just going to stick with Apple's invert colors option if I absolutely have to have a dark background and light text.

monderick

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
^
It would only take a moment to 'blacklist' those non-stock apps that don't appeal to you, shouldn't it?

That way you have the best of both worlds.

I have tons of apps that would have to be added one by one if they didn't look right, will reinstall if dev adds a white list option or way to black list everything but stock apps.

Last edited:

Zyiros

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2014
Of course Apple, supposedly the most innovative tech company, couldn't have thought of this.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I have tons of apps that would have to be added one by one if they didn't look right, will reinstall if dev adds a white list option or way to black list everything but stock apps.
That's an excellent idea!
As one who keeps only about a dozen apps on my iPhone it didn't occur to me the hassle otherwise.
A toggle that allows only stock applications/features to be activated with this tweak would be perfect.

iALLOUT4eva

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
PlayDay Land
This tweak still has a lot of bugs and kinks to work out. However, Im very supportive of it because it has so much potential to be essential at night running along side f.lux for our idevices.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Great app. It's still a little buggy but it definitely looks better than all that white.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Expect an update today according to his twitter to address a lot of issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.