Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luckylisp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
NY state
If I restore my game apps via iTunes, will my game scores be saved? Setting up my iPad Air as new and doing a clean install. Trying to figure out the best way to keep my scores on all my game apps.

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
If I restore my game apps via iTunes, will my game scores be saved? Setting up my iPad Air as new and doing a clean install. Trying to figure out the best way to keep my scores on all my game apps.

I have the same question. Hopefully, someone knows the answer, specifically with regards to whether doing such a restore saves progress you've made in games.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007

It should but you need to do a backup first. It will backup all your apps and settings. When you do a restore it restores all the backed up data along with settings, email settings, wallpaper etc.

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
I can confirm this. When I moved from iPhone 4s to 5s, I backed up via cable to the computer then restored. All of my texts, call history, game scores, and every other fine detail carried over to the new phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.