Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
I just figured I'd give this story, since it makes me happy to know. I started to have some issues with my Surface. There is a crack in the screen, the speakers started to crackle at times, and I was having weird WiFi issues.

I chatted with Microsoft Support, and now I get to take it into. FedEx store tomorrow. They're paying for it to be shipped, and they'll ship a new one when they get it.

No fuss, no problem, no trying to get out of it.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
I just figured I'd give this story, since it makes me happy to know. I started to have some issues with my Surface. There is a crack in the screen, the speakers started to crackle at times, and I was having weird WiFi issues.

I chatted with Microsoft Support, and now I get to take it into. FedEx store tomorrow. They're paying for it to be shipped, and they'll ship a new one when they get it.

No fuss, no problem, no trying to get out of it.

Microsoft has really stepped up their customer service in the last couple of years. The physical stores have pretty knowledgable workers as well, that don't harrass you like the ones at Best Buy. (At least the Microsoft stores near San Fran/San Jose anyway.)

And when I have ordered stuff from Microsoft online before and they have run out of stock, they let me know via email and usually compensate me with a $10 credit to use on whatever I want. Pretty cool of them.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
Their Xbox support was a complete disaster when I used it a couple months ago

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Yay told you :)

Yep their Surface support is great. They always ring to keep me informed of what status is at too, they really are doing a good job for surface customers.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012

Yep their Surface support is great. They always ring to keep me informed of what status is at too, they really are doing a good job for surface customers.

Yes you did. Definitely not getting a Windows tablet from anyone else in the future.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN

Why so much support? In the past, this has not been their way.

Is it because the Surfaces have so many problems or are they really supporting the tablet (not knocking-serious question)?

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania

Is it because the Surfaces have so many problems or are they really supporting the tablet (not knocking-serious question)?

They're supporting their tablet. From what I've heard, their xbox support still sucks, but their surface and WP support is absolutely fantastic. It probably has something to do with the lower sales volume though.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012

I would think this is because they're trying to give a good impression. I'm still iffy, for example, on buying a Chromebook from Samsung. Why? Because when I called, they were doing their best to get out of helping me. The Surface is a product that couldn't live with such a reputation.

Or maybe this is just a new Microsoft overall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.