Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tacotester1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
i am looking to add monetization to an app i made in xcode.
has anyone found any good tutorials or books or sites
for putting the little ads at the bottom of apps.

I have read a little but not found anything i could really dig into
i think i may need to know about sandbox
and itunes connect?

not sure what i need past that

any info would be greatly appreciated

thanks!

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
You have two options:

1 - Drag and drop an iAd banner into your interface document, just like any other component. I used iAds a few years ago, I don't recall needing to do anything at all to make it work besides that. I also set up Google Ads as a backup, but they pay so little that I wouldn't go through the trouble.

2 - Charge for your app. I strongly recommend this route. If your app isn't worth charging for, improve it until it is.

tacotester1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
You have two options:

1 - Drag and drop an iAd banner into your interface document, just like any other component. I used iAds a few years ago, I don't recall needing to do anything at all to make it work besides that. I also set up Google Ads as a backup, but they pay so little that I wouldn't go through the trouble.

2 - Charge for your app. I strongly recommend this route. If your app isn't worth charging for, improve it until it is.

awesome thank you!!
i will definitely keep improving
thanks a lot for your help!:apple:

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State

tacotester1, iAds are not the only ad network that one can incorporate into an iOS app. There are plenty others. For example, there's also AdMob, Drawbridge, inMobi, JumpTap, TapIt!, to name a few.

Also, if you're not sure which one you want to use, you could consider using an ad mediation layer (like Google's AdMob Mediation) which would allow you to try a number of services and then favor whichever one you prefer.

As for the Google Ads "pay so little" than is not the case for everybody. Don't let one person's experience color how you view other services.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
tacotester1, iAds are not the only ad network that one can incorporate into an iOS app. There are plenty others. For example, there's also AdMob, Drawbridge, inMobi, JumpTap, TapIt!, to name a few.

Also, if you're not sure which one you want to use, you could consider using an ad mediation layer (like Google's AdMob Mediation) which would allow you to try a number of services and then favor whichever one you prefer.

As for the Google Ads "pay so little" than is not the case for everybody. Don't let one person's experience color how you view other services.

I used iAds and Google Ads for a year each. iAds made me ten times as much money as Google Ads, despite Google Ads getting twice as many impressions. Between that and the fact that Google Ads weren't as easy to set up as iAds, I would never bother with Google Ads again.

tacotester1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
thanks everyone i worked on the iADS and it worked out! so thank you!
@DEJO
ill check out those too thanks alot!

tacotester1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
I found great example and explanation on developer site for implementing the ads! wooo if anyone else reads this i would suggest going there and checking it out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.