Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danielkun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2014
I have a 2012 mac mini (quad core version) and Apples website says iPhoto / iMovie comes with every mac mini but I don't have it and AppStore says I need to pay for it.. why?

Every new Mac comes with better-than-ever versions of iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. So you can be creative and productive right from the start.

I can't remember if iPhoto came installed when I first bought it. I installed an SSD drive and therefor reinstalled OSX. Do I have to pay for it now?

I also own a retina mac book pro registered to the same icloud account and it came with iphoto.

thanks

SORRY!!
I JUST NOTICED I WASN'T LOGGED INTO APP STORE!! IT'S FREE ALRIGHT! I THOUGHT LOGGING INTO iCLOUD WAS ENOUGH. :-(

Last edited:

Andmuso

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2018
Ireland
I have a 2012 mac mini (quad core version) and Apples website says iPhoto / iMovie comes with every mac mini but I don't have it and AppStore says I need to pay for it.. why?

I can't remember if iPhoto came installed when I first bought it. I installed an SSD drive and therefor reinstalled OSX. Do I have to pay for it now?

I also own a retina mac book pro registered to the same icloud account and it came with iphoto.

thanks

SORRY!!
I JUST NOTICED I WASN'T LOGGED INTO APP STORE!! IT'S FREE ALRIGHT! I THOUGHT LOGGING INTO iCLOUD WAS ENOUGH. :-(
[doublepost=1530874076][/doublepost]I have a similar mini. The latest iMovie destroyed the logic board. don't use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.