Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Such colors. Much Unicorn.

Aside that functionality wise this looks hot! And someone should slap Jony Ive and try put some sense to him. This design trend is getting to a ridiculous proportion. :mad:

This is NOT easy on the eye. Nor is it good design. :mad:

http://i.imgur.com/6P5Caje.jpg

Because Apple was never into colors before, sometimes even pastels.

imac_lifesavers.jpg
IBook_flavors.jpg

welcome_mini.jpg
nano-group.jpg

ipod_shuffle_front_lineup_screen_2_1_1_1.jpg

deputy_doofy

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2002
So... a healthbook combined with iBeacon at a hospital. Good? Bad? I like the idea, honestly.

sanook997

macrumors regular
May 29, 2012
Bangkok
If they can implement this seamlessly and beautifully as described ( the true Apple way) It has the potential for another revolution. However I don't see oxygen level, blood pressure, blood sugar etc useful or necessary for that matter for the mainstream user. After all those sensors are the difficult ones to implement anyway.

:eek: That's because your young, but trust me the time will come soon enough....:rolleyes:

Different parameters for different people all included for universal appeal at all ages and with any interest.......appeal for the masses.

jfx94

macrumors regular
May 22, 2013
where ever I am at.
I really doubt this will be the interface they use. It's clumsy and awkward to have to check each card for data and stats. A summary of all the latest biometrics would make more sense to me.

This setup looks painfully hard to use.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Could be - does nothing for me for credibility though

It's probably credible as far as what the app looks like right now. Of course after his long report, Gurman qualifies it by basically saying he has no idea when it's coming. By the time it happens (if it does) the app could look and function differently than what he described.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Apples keynote will show how this new function works with their new iDevice. They'll tell how they had to invent a whole new category and reinvent the measuring instrument. They will then demo the iProbe... (insert joke here)

Apple fans will rush to the stores to be first and youtube will be awash with iProbe demo vids.

Apples competitors will be left in a spin as they never saw it coming. all the while they concentrated on external wearables when apple went internal.

iProbe, ask a genius for help in fitting :D

sanook997

macrumors regular
May 29, 2012
Bangkok
thank god I've been wanting to know my oxygen saturation!

Mmmmmm, if you are athletic, a climber, cyclist, triathlete, etc you might just care about O2 saturation, of course if you spend your day eating hot pockets, well yeah, I guess you wouldn't care. :D

bpcookson

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2012
MA
So, you guys just steal eveything from 9to5 mac at this point. Why do I even follow you? Try doing some original reporting instead leeching off someone else's work.

Because 9to5mac's site design is atrocious. And even if MacRumors's site design looks mildly dated, readability is fantastic.

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
It's kind of interesting, but I hope Apple won't just throw together an app summarizing a lot of data. The true potential comes from making sense of this data in an accurate, sensible way. For example, if the app would learn my blood sugar level dips & spikes and what would be normal for me, it could warn me an hour in advance before it even starts dropping. "You're about to miss your lunch and it was already kind of so-so to begin with, so prepare for an upcoming headache if you don't listen to me."

Respiratory rate should tell you if you should adjust your rate when running to something optimal in order to burn calories the best, and so on. It shouldn't just tell you what your respiratory rate is or paint a pretty graph. That'd be useless in comparison.

So I hope they're thinking about these things. If they manage to pull everything together, the iPhone 6 could turn out to be a pretty nice "life device". I hope it will be like a companion, a health coach talking back to me and giving me advice. Some particularly powerful advice could come from combining data from multiple data sources.

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
The make it or break it factor is where all this data comes from.

Hopefully it's from 1 device(iWatch/band?). If it's multiple then for me it's a fail

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
:eek: That's because your young, but trust me the time will come soon enough....:rolleyes:

Different parameters for different people all included for universal appeal at all ages and with any interest.......appeal for the masses.

I am young and I agree with you. This really would be great and I would start to be conscious of things I never before tracked about my health. I know my hydrogen levels are dirt low. I sometimes go a full day without anything to drink :O

Apples keynote will show how this new function works with their new iDevice. They'll tell how they had to invent a whole new category and reinvent the measuring instrument. They will then demo the iProbe... (insert joke here)

Apple fans will rush to the stores to be first and youtube will be awash with iProbe demo vids.

Apples competitors will be left in a spin as they never saw it coming. all the while they concentrated on external wearables when apple went internal.

iProbe, ask a genius for help in fitting :D

LOL

RabbitLuvr

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2011
Kansas City
If iWatch + Healthbook can replace my Fitbit and Sleep Cycle app, I'm in.
I have a lot of sleep issues, and was interested in the Withings Aura, but it's still not available yet so I'm going to hold off until I see Apple's solution.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Maybe for you, but I'm really looking forward to this. I will likely use it on a daily basis if the functionality is there. This could potential replace three apps I currently use.

Surely you're not that health concious/paranoid? I mean, I can already tell if there is something wrong with me without a phone app that shares my medical information with Apple. Unless you're planning on moving somewhere without healthcare available, like Mars, I don't see how this could ever be useful, never mind on a daily basis.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
It's kind of interesting, but I hope Apple won't just throw together an app summarizing a lot of data. The true potential comes from making sense of this data in an accurate, sensible way. For example, if the app would learn my blood sugar level dips & spikes and what would be normal for me, it could warn me an hour in advance before it even starts dropping. "You're about to miss your lunch and it was already kind of so-so to begin with, so prepare for a headache if you don't listen to me."

Respiratory rate should tell you if you should adjust your rate when running to something optimal, and so on. It shouldn't just tell you what your respiratory rate is. That'd be useless in comparison.

So I hope they're thinking about these things. If they manage to pull everything together, the iPhone 6 could turn out to be a pretty nice "life device".

One would hope that's where Apple is going, especially with all the hires from the medical field they've made.

----------

Surely you're not that health concious/paranoid? I mean, I can already tell if there is something wrong with me without a phone app that shares my medical information with Apple. Unless you're planning on moving somewhere without healthcare available, like Mars, I don't see how this could ever be useful, never mind on a daily basis.

Where in this report did it say this information would be shared with Apple?

sanook997

macrumors regular
May 29, 2012
Bangkok
It's kind of interesting, but I hope Apple won't just throw together an app summarizing a lot of data. The true potential comes from making sense of this data in an accurate, sensible way. For example, if the app would learn my blood sugar level dips & spikes and what would be normal for me, it could warn me an hour in advance before it even starts dropping. "You're about to miss your lunch and it was already kind of so-so to begin with, so prepare for an upcoming headache if you don't listen to me."

Respiratory rate should tell you if you should adjust your rate when running to something optimal in order to burn calories the best, and so on. It shouldn't just tell you what your respiratory rate is or paint a pretty graph. That'd be useless in comparison.

So I hope they're thinking about these things. If they manage to pull everything together, the iPhone 6 could turn out to be a pretty nice "life device". I hope it will be like a companion, a health coach talking back to me and giving me advice. Some particularly powerful advice could come from combining data from multiple data sources.

I think this will come via independent applications using the Apple hardware. I will want a specialized app for very high altitude mountaineering. I need heart rate integrated with O2 to hit my optimal pace for very long durations. I don't think Apple will do specialized apps like this.

I hope one day their will be a voice via an earpiece to tell you the things that you mention above but maybe it's a bit early for that in early generation products.

aleksander

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2008
London, UK
One would hope that's where Apple is going, especially with all the hires from the medical field they've made.

Exactly. Lots of tabs with data like pictured on those renderings are not very informative and would be useless for most people. The real winner would be a system giving a complete (as much as possible) picture of my health by cross-analysing all that data plus gender, age, weight etc. information inputted in the app. I'm sure Apple keeps that part of the app secret.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.