Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:47 AM   #26
nazaar
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like bananas View Post
My eyes… they are burning!
Totally... the color combination is a little on the harsh side.
nazaar is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:47 AM   #27
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdridwan47 View Post
Such colors. Much Unicorn.

Aside that functionality wise this looks hot! And someone should slap Jony Ive and try put some sense to him. This design trend is getting to a ridiculous proportion.

This is NOT easy on the eye. Nor is it good design.

http://i.imgur.com/6P5Caje.jpg
Because Apple was never into colors before, sometimes even pastels.

Thumb resize. Thumb resize.

Thumb resize. Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:48 AM   #28
carjakester
macrumors 68020

thank god I've been wanting to know my oxygen saturation!
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:49 AM   #29
deputy_doofy
macrumors 65816

So... a healthbook combined with iBeacon at a hospital. Good? Bad? I like the idea, honestly.

Sound the alarms! We have an eMerchantC!
deputy_doofy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:49 AM   #30
sanook997
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emir View Post
If they can implement this seamlessly and beautifully as described ( the true Apple way) It has the potential for another revolution. However I don't see oxygen level, blood pressure, blood sugar etc useful or necessary for that matter for the mainstream user. After all those sensors are the difficult ones to implement anyway.

That's because your young, but trust me the time will come soon enough....

Different parameters for different people all included for universal appeal at all ages and with any interest.......appeal for the masses.
sanook997 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:51 AM   #31
jfx94
macrumors regular

I really doubt this will be the interface they use. It's clumsy and awkward to have to check each card for data and stats. A summary of all the latest biometrics would make more sense to me.

This setup looks painfully hard to use.
jfx94 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:52 AM   #32
thegrants82
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
millions of health app developers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
sooo true. my pos fitbit wont land in the garbage can fast enough this fall
thegrants82 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:52 AM   #33
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcraig View Post
Could be - does nothing for me for credibility though
It's probably credible as far as what the app looks like right now. Of course after his long report, Gurman qualifies it by basically saying he has no idea when it's coming. By the time it happens (if it does) the app could look and function differently than what he described.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:54 AM   #34
dannyyankou
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcraig View Post
Hmmm

'a few renderings of the app said to be recreated from actual screenshots."

Why not just post the renderings. Why did someone "recreate" from actual screenshots.

Weird.
Legal reasons. Same thing when the iOS 7 icons leaked. Same credible source too

http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/09/what-ios7-looks-like/
dannyyankou is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:54 AM   #35
NachoGrande
macrumors 6502a

hideous!
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:54 AM   #36
Zxxv
macrumors 68000

Apples keynote will show how this new function works with their new iDevice. They'll tell how they had to invent a whole new category and reinvent the measuring instrument. They will then demo the iProbe... (insert joke here)

Apple fans will rush to the stores to be first and youtube will be awash with iProbe demo vids.

Apples competitors will be left in a spin as they never saw it coming. all the while they concentrated on external wearables when apple went internal.

iProbe, ask a genius for help in fitting
Zxxv is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:55 AM   #37
sanook997
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carjakester View Post

Mmmmmm, if you are athletic, a climber, cyclist, triathlete, etc you might just care about O2 saturation, of course if you spend your day eating hot pockets, well yeah, I guess you wouldn't care.
sanook997 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:57 AM   #38
bpcookson
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3ith View Post
So, you guys just steal eveything from 9to5 mac at this point. Why do I even follow you? Try doing some original reporting instead leeching off someone else's work.
Because 9to5mac's site design is atrocious. And even if MacRumors's site design looks mildly dated, readability is fantastic.
bpcookson is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:57 AM   #39
Northgrove
macrumors 6502a

It's kind of interesting, but I hope Apple won't just throw together an app summarizing a lot of data. The true potential comes from making sense of this data in an accurate, sensible way. For example, if the app would learn my blood sugar level dips & spikes and what would be normal for me, it could warn me an hour in advance before it even starts dropping. "You're about to miss your lunch and it was already kind of so-so to begin with, so prepare for an upcoming headache if you don't listen to me."

Respiratory rate should tell you if you should adjust your rate when running to something optimal in order to burn calories the best, and so on. It shouldn't just tell you what your respiratory rate is or paint a pretty graph. That'd be useless in comparison.

So I hope they're thinking about these things. If they manage to pull everything together, the iPhone 6 could turn out to be a pretty nice "life device". I hope it will be like a companion, a health coach talking back to me and giving me advice. Some particularly powerful advice could come from combining data from multiple data sources.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:58 AM   #40
Crzyrio
macrumors 6502a

The make it or break it factor is where all this data comes from.

Hopefully it's from 1 device(iWatch/band?). If it's multiple then for me it's a fail
Crzyrio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:58 AM   #41
mattopotamus
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanook997 View Post
That's because your young, but trust me the time will come soon enough....

Different parameters for different people all included for universal appeal at all ages and with any interest.......appeal for the masses.
I am young and I agree with you. This really would be great and I would start to be conscious of things I never before tracked about my health. I know my hydrogen levels are dirt low. I sometimes go a full day without anything to drink :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxxv View Post
Apples keynote will show how this new function works with their new iDevice. They'll tell how they had to invent a whole new category and reinvent the measuring instrument. They will then demo the iProbe... (insert joke here)

Apple fans will rush to the stores to be first and youtube will be awash with iProbe demo vids.

Apples competitors will be left in a spin as they never saw it coming. all the while they concentrated on external wearables when apple went internal.

iProbe, ask a genius for help in fitting
LOL
mattopotamus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:59 AM   #42
RabbitLuvr
macrumors regular

If iWatch + Healthbook can replace my Fitbit and Sleep Cycle app, I'm in.
I have a lot of sleep issues, and was interested in the Withings Aura, but it's still not available yet so I'm going to hold off until I see Apple's solution.
RabbitLuvr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:00 AM   #43
roadbloc
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCherokee View Post
Maybe for you, but I'm really looking forward to this. I will likely use it on a daily basis if the functionality is there. This could potential replace three apps I currently use.
Surely you're not that health concious/paranoid? I mean, I can already tell if there is something wrong with me without a phone app that shares my medical information with Apple. Unless you're planning on moving somewhere without healthcare available, like Mars, I don't see how this could ever be useful, never mind on a daily basis.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:02 AM   #44
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgrove View Post
It's kind of interesting, but I hope Apple won't just throw together an app summarizing a lot of data. The true potential comes from making sense of this data in an accurate, sensible way. For example, if the app would learn my blood sugar level dips & spikes and what would be normal for me, it could warn me an hour in advance before it even starts dropping. "You're about to miss your lunch and it was already kind of so-so to begin with, so prepare for a headache if you don't listen to me."

Respiratory rate should tell you if you should adjust your rate when running to something optimal, and so on. It shouldn't just tell you what your respiratory rate is. That'd be useless in comparison.

So I hope they're thinking about these things. If they manage to pull everything together, the iPhone 6 could turn out to be a pretty nice "life device".
One would hope that's where Apple is going, especially with all the hires from the medical field they've made.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbloc View Post
Surely you're not that health concious/paranoid? I mean, I can already tell if there is something wrong with me without a phone app that shares my medical information with Apple. Unless you're planning on moving somewhere without healthcare available, like Mars, I don't see how this could ever be useful, never mind on a daily basis.
Where in this report did it say this information would be shared with Apple?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:02 AM   #45
Northgrove
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by carjakester View Post
You joke but this is really good stuff to know if you actually want to improve your health by doing cardio.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:04 AM   #46
brianvictor7
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
millions of health app developers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
Dude, thanks! That made my day!
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:06 AM   #47
sanook997
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgrove View Post
It's kind of interesting, but I hope Apple won't just throw together an app summarizing a lot of data. The true potential comes from making sense of this data in an accurate, sensible way. For example, if the app would learn my blood sugar level dips & spikes and what would be normal for me, it could warn me an hour in advance before it even starts dropping. "You're about to miss your lunch and it was already kind of so-so to begin with, so prepare for an upcoming headache if you don't listen to me."

Respiratory rate should tell you if you should adjust your rate when running to something optimal in order to burn calories the best, and so on. It shouldn't just tell you what your respiratory rate is or paint a pretty graph. That'd be useless in comparison.

So I hope they're thinking about these things. If they manage to pull everything together, the iPhone 6 could turn out to be a pretty nice "life device". I hope it will be like a companion, a health coach talking back to me and giving me advice. Some particularly powerful advice could come from combining data from multiple data sources.

I think this will come via independent applications using the Apple hardware. I will want a specialized app for very high altitude mountaineering. I need heart rate integrated with O2 to hit my optimal pace for very long durations. I don't think Apple will do specialized apps like this.

I hope one day their will be a voice via an earpiece to tell you the things that you mention above but maybe it's a bit early for that in early generation products.
sanook997 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:07 AM   #48
ToomeyND
macrumors 6502

Is no one else seeing Windows 8 in this design? That's all I can see!
ToomeyND is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:08 AM   #49
MacMan988
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Why did they suddenly silenced?
MacMan988 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:12 AM   #50
aleksander
macrumors newbie

[QUOTE=Rogifan;18892005]One would hope that's where Apple is going, especially with all the hires from the medical field they've made.

Exactly. Lots of tabs with data like pictured on those renderings are not very informative and would be useless for most people. The real winner would be a system giving a complete (as much as possible) picture of my health by cross-analysing all that data plus gender, age, weight etc. information inputted in the app. I'm sure Apple keeps that part of the app secret.
aleksander is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion