Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has just pushed the first seed of Safari 7.0.3 for Mavericks and 6.1.3 for Mountain Lion to developers, asking them to focus on Push notifications, AutoFill and more. The betas are available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store as well as through the Mac Dev Center.

safariseed.png
- General website compatibility
- Safari Push Notifications
- Login AutoFill
- Credit Card AutoFill (OS X Mavericks only)
- Extension Compatibility
Earlier today, Apple seeded Mavericks 10.9.3 Build 13D17 to employees along with a new iTunes 11.1.6 beta that restores local contact and calendar syncing to developers, but the Mavericks beta should be seeded to developers in the near future.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Safari 7.0.3 and 6.1.3 for Mavericks and Mountain Lion to Developers

Dekema2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
WNY or Utica
I only have a few websites with Push integration. Being able to subscribe to more or even bridging them from my iPhone would be nice, because it would save the hassle of subscribing to more!

westniko

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2014
I only have a few websites with Push integration. Being able to subscribe to more or even bridging them from my iPhone would be nice, because it would save the hassle of subscribing to more!

Sorry man but can you do a list with all the website that support the push notification. Thanks.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
I opted for push notifications from Mac-rumors it worked for a while now it doesn't. Maybe this update will address that?

I noticed the upgrade to 10.9.2 messed with my push notifications. They were all still in safari, but they were gone from the Notifications prefs. I ended up deleting them and re-adding them......so far since then they are working again.

-Kevin

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I opted for push notifications from Mac-rumors it worked for a while now it doesn't. Maybe this update will address that?
Same. Haven't seen a push notification from MR since the feature launched with Mavericks. :roll eyes:

I hope this fixes the hang up/crash that occurs when you reset safari.

Last edited:

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
FYI, this seed update won't work on Mavericks 10.9.3 betas. Those developers should wait for the next seed to have this build.

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007

This has always been the case for me. Subscribe to notifications and it works for a few days (or maybe a week). At some random point it stops working. Go back to MacRumors, unsubscribe and subscribe again, and it works again... for a while. Rinse and repeat.

Hope they sort out the speed issue. Running a fully specced iMac, an MBA & Mavericks and Safari is the slowest browser of Chrome, Firefox, Opera (Firefox being the quickest along with Opera). Safari hangs like a b****. Dont know what Apple have done but Safari it is the last browser I want to use on www. Added to the fact that Chrome has Zenmate added too gives me a more secure net experience and peace of mind.

Last edited:

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Hope they sort out the speed issue. Running a fully specced iMac, an MBA & Mavericks and Safari is the slowest browser of Chrome, Firefox, Opera (Firefox being the quickest along with Opera). Safari hangs like a b****. Dont know what Apple have done but Safari it is the last browser I want to use on www. Added to the fact that Chrome has Zenmate added too gives me a more secure net experience and peace of mind.

I love Chrome, but I don't ignore the fact that it 'phones home' and passes data on what I search and browse back to Google. I have nothing to hide so it doesn't really bother me, but those of you who use Chrome for more questionable browsing activities need to be aware that this data is permanently stored and logged. In theory this data could be used against you however extremely unlikely, but it's theoretically possible. So 'peace of mind' all depends on what you are actually doing and whether or not you care that it's all logged on Google's servers.

It goes without saying that everything you do is logged by your ISP anyway. However, Chrome Firefox & Safari should all provide a 'secure' browsing experience.

Buddygor

macrumors regular
May 22, 2012
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Apple has just pushed the first seed of Safari 7.0.3 for Mavericks and 6.1.3 for Mountain Lion to developers, asking them to focus on Push notifications, AutoFill and more.*The betas are available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store as well as through the Mac Dev Center.

Earlier today, Apple seeded Mavericks 10.9.3 Build 13D17 to employees along with a new iTunes 11.1.6 beta that restores local contact and calendar syncing to developers, but the Mavericks beta should be seeded to developers in the near future.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Safari 7.0.3 and 6.1.3 for Mavericks and Mountain Lion to Developers

Wait, so Lion is getting Safari notifications? Sweet! I might just switch back from chrome if it Works well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.