Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:43 AM   #26
ouimetnick
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to ouimetnick Send a message via Yahoo to ouimetnick Send a message via Skype™ to ouimetnick
Oh Samesung. You try and fall flat. I don't want a 6" phone. I don't want some flimsy piece of plastic. I don't want to use Android.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:44 AM   #27
john123
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydcxx View Post
Apple's commercials are classy, these are trashy.
Uh, Apple bashed PCs for years with its Justin Long commercials.

My oh my, how quickly the fan boys forget...
john123 is offline   14 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:44 AM   #28
thedeejay
macrumors 6502a

LOL I like these ads. Although I own all apple products and think the ad is not really going to help Samsung get more customers, I don't mind them having fun. Don't be so offended peeps!
thedeejay is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:44 AM   #29
Chicane-UK
macrumors regular

I wouldn't buy a samsung device if you paid me. I find it particularly amusing that they slam the Kindle as only being able to do books - that's the POINT of it. That's what it was designed to do. The trade-off is that the battery lasts weeks between charges, and it's easier on your eyes. Utterly stupid advert.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:44 AM   #30
xero9
macrumors 6502

What if the guy was using the Surface Pro in it's tablet mode? They'd have no argument.
xero9 is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:44 AM   #31
BenTrovato
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyehop View Post
Bashing others is so immature, one should go from strength to strength, but apparently it resonates with all the haters running amok these days.
I agree. No integrity in putting others down. I respect people/companies who can display their capabilities without ridiculing others. I'm not saying Apple hasn't done the same but it leaves a bad taste when I see it.
BenTrovato is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:45 AM   #32
campingsk8er
macrumors 6502

I'm not gonna lie, these actually where kinda funny. While most points for Samsung were pretty mute for me, I did find the "well mine has the retina thingy" really funny.
campingsk8er is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:45 AM   #33
john123
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z400Racer37 View Post
I mean the Mac vs PC ads were actually funny/entertaining. These are just attacks. Really. Same **** different desperate gasp for air.
The only difference is that you don't like what these are saying. They're both entertaining.
john123 is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:45 AM   #34
iZac
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSMBP View Post
Remember the Mac vs PC ads? Same thing.

Also, competition is good, people. Apple has more reason to innovate/produce better products when they have competitors doing things (ex. here's hoping the next iPad can have two apps side by side).
The thing about the Mac / PC ads, is that they were lighthearted and the end user was never the brunt of the joke - just the OS itself (although they were humanised) You could laugh at (with?) 'PC' because he was a parody.

In the same way that those very short lived Apple genius adverts belittled the potential customer, these and many other Samsung ads simply insult users.

And the smug woman at the end of this ad is infuriating :P

Last edited by iZac; Mar 21, 2014 at 01:30 AM.
iZac is offline   21 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:46 AM   #35
OneBagTravel
macrumors regular

A bunch of idiots sitting around on their tablets yapping about tech. Shoot me in the head.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:46 AM   #36
jreuschl
macrumors 6502

I think the ad has some valid points, but I do think it is dumb to slam the Surface that has ACCESSORIES. If you want true multitasking, the Surface can do that without a keyboard dock or a mouse, no different than a Samsung tablet that may have a dock or a mouse.

I think we can agree that the iPad could offer some kind of multi-window functionality. We could argue how useful it is, but they could offer it.
jreuschl is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:46 AM   #37
iRockApple
macrumors newbie

I found the commercial to be quite amusing. Samsung knows their tablets are bs, and we all know it also. Even though Samsung greatly over exaggerated the shortcomings of the others, the commercial was still good for a chuckle.
iRockApple is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:46 AM   #38
street.cory
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by samplane123 View Post
Comparing a tablet to a kindle?

A computer... to an ebook reader.

They're different products. This makes 0 sense.
She's using a kindle fire (Amazon's flavor of an Android tablet) which is famous for having limited/no Play Store Accessibility which is why she says "I can't get that app".

street.cory is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:47 AM   #39
deluxeshredder
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z400Racer37 View Post
I mean the Mac vs PC ads were actually funny/entertaining. These are just attacks. Really. Same **** different desperate gasp for air.
Couldn't agree more, but Apple went back to the industry-standard "brute force" ad style in recent years.
deluxeshredder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:47 AM   #40
john123
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZac View Post
The thing about the Mac / PC ads, is that they were lighthearted and the end user was never the brunt of the joke - just the OS itself (although they were humanised) You could laugh at 'PC' because he was a parody.

In the same way that those very short lived Apple genius adverts belittled the potential customer, these and many other Samsung ads simply insult users.

And the smug woman at the end of this ad is infuriating :P
You can try to split hairs all you want to rationalize your love for Apple, but really, it's the same. And I think the chick at the end is pretty funny.
john123 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:48 AM   #41
Rettun1
macrumors member

Samsung ads used to be funny, like the original gs3 ones with the line outside of the Apple stores. Now instead of making their customers looks cool and hip, they're making them come off as smug *******s
Rettun1 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:48 AM   #42
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Geez, MR could you leave click bait crap like this for places like cnet (where I first saw it)? We know over there it's meant to be flame bait. It would be refreshing if this site chose to stay away from that.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:50 AM   #43
kuwxman
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventilatedbrain View Post
I genuinely hate samsung but these ads are not that bad. Samsung has products with decent internals , their hardware designs and software are what out me off
This. I use Nexus devices for my Android experience. Samsung will never see a dime from me. Their phones and tablets are crap.
kuwxman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:51 AM   #44
THink7
macrumors newbie

They actually trademarked this completely random sentence.
iPad 1 16GB+3G
THink7 is offline   13 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:52 AM   #45
DogHouseDub
macrumors member

how useful are those 'features' when the battery is dead? An ad where the Samsung guy is flopping around for his power cord, looking for an outlet, figuring out how to sit close enough to the outlet...bit less sexy.
DogHouseDub is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:52 AM   #46
nazaar
macrumors 6502

Samsung... FYI your Galaxy Tabs aren't that great.

Sincerely

Former Galaxy User.
nazaar is offline   15 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:52 AM   #47
superliu
macrumors newbie

So petty - its like in the olden days when VHS players say they can record at specific set time or support PAL vs NTSC, but the matter of the truth is people don't even know how to set the time on it - so its always flashing at 00:00.

Apple's products compare with others is like VHS vs DVD. Apple's products just work. Which explains why iPad account for ~85 of web traffic for all tablets!

http://gigaom.com/2013/07/23/the-ipa...blets-in-june/
superliu is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:52 AM   #48
ghostface147
macrumors 65816

There is a thing or two that an Android tablet does better than Apple. I think a side by side video chat while going through emails and multitasking is a great feature, although it is hampered in Samsung's world. First party apps are the only ones that can do that. Well maybe just a thing.....not two.

A file system would be great to attach other things besides photos/videoss in email and other applications. Doesn't even have to be file system access, just something like the photos app. You can even give it a clever name like documents.
ghostface147 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:52 AM   #49
Simm95
macrumors newbie

Samsung's gettin jelly
Simm95 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:52 AM   #50
knemonic
macrumors 6502

Remember when I said it was on? Well now it's Junior Rodeo on.
knemonic is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion