Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
As the title says, we have an iPod touch (the last one that wasn't retina) that can be seen by Windows 8.1, but not iTunes. I followed every step on Apple.com, and even reinstalled iTunes, but it still won't show up. Any ideas?

The only sign that its plugged in is it shows the DCIM folder on My Computer and it charges the iPod.

ppenn

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2013
You must uninstall itunes and all components in the order that they are listed in the directions.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1925

then re-install...if the problem continues then it is a computer problem, not itunes. Possibly the OS, possibly the USB port...even though it shows up as a camera folder and is charging, the port could still be faulty.

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
Looks like it's time to get a Mac.

It actually showed up on my Mac which is hilarious :p He refuses to get one for some reason.

You must uninstall itunes and all components in the order that they are listed in the directions.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1925

then re-install...if the problem continues then it is a computer problem, not itunes. Possibly the OS, possibly the USB port...even though it shows up as a camera folder and is charging, the port could still be faulty.

That fixed it. I uninstalled everything Apple then reinstalled iTunes and it worked.

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
Thank you for following up with your solution. And keep hounding your friend to get a Mac -- he'll (eventually) thank you for it. :D

It's actually my bro. I have no idea why he won't get it, considering he uses his iPod all the time, and my AppleTV all the time. Only Apple he doesn't have other than the mac is a GS4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.