Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skir0987

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
There isn't an official number of repairs; replacements are dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Since you have had separate issues with separate components, I'd say it's unlikely they will swap the whole thing unless you make some noise about it.

And that exactly what I intend to do ;)

skir0987

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
It was a CTO under the educational discount. I got the second model up (in June 2006) and upgraded the ram to 1gb and the HD to 100gb. I think the overall price came out to be $1500 including the 10% educational discount. Anyone have any ideas of how much apple would give back to me if I decided to not get a replacement but rather go for a new MBP? I'm not expecting stock value since the computer is outdated and 2 years old, but I don't want them to rip me off either... :/

-Shep

skir0987

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
Well, I just called apple and sorted this whole thing out with them. I managed to get $1299 credit from my two year old broken computer from them (which I think is a very good deal :D) used that credit to buy a MacBook Pro. Overall I spent $750 to get a brand new computer, and am happy with how apple dealt with the situation :D

-Shep

nickandre21

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2012
well i have been in talks with executive relations based out in Ireland.

My retina has had a display and keycaps replaced.

Then i spent a month without it while it was at the AASP getting a new ssd, 2 logic board as the replacement failed, a new charger, a new display panel. Got it back home and one of the usb ports stopped working. The guy kind of shys away when i ask for a replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.