Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkLal

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2011
Photos when you get it :)

A friend of mine works with leather and may just design me a sleeve (till then it is protected by the Smart Cover and my messenger bag in its own pocket)

Sure. :)
Just got a shipping notification today from the seller, should be delivered by Saturday. Hopefully I should have the pics up by Sunday.

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
I feel like I should be getting paid for this sort of thing :p

If you're a minimalist like me...

greysleeveminiwe.jpeg

Nothing better can be had for $29. Perfect fit and feels so good.

Sleeve @ ForTheStore

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I feel like I should be getting paid for this sort of thing :p

If you're a minimalist like me...

Nothing better can be had for $29. Perfect fit and feels so good.

Sleeve @ ForTheStore

I did have the one for iPad air. It was nice bit in the end I wanted a stand. A bit expensive. Refleece is as nice but not sized for the Air. Can be purchased on Amazon Prime.

----------

Best of both worlds.. - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461222838/the-access-case-slim-leather-micro-suction-iphone (iPad too)

p.s i just posted this in another thread then saw this one, not trying to spam the link.

Seems a bit expensive. Looks a bit chintzy. Big logo is ugly. Not available until Mar 2014 makes it a non-option

Achilles75

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
I got this leather sleeve by Yard & Sons (Etsy) as a Christmas gift. Perfect fit - snug but not difficult to get the iPad out, nice craftsmanship, good looking leather. I have a skin (BSE) on the back of the iPad and that's all. This sleeve can be ordered to fit the iPad with or without a smart cover. The inside is gray felt. A little pricey, but high quality. Sorry for the cell phone pics which don't really do the color of the leather justice (it's deeper than what shows up in the picture, almost a chocolate-brown) but you get the idea:

21cuxp3.jpg

317axcg.jpg

2450pc3.jpg

Last edited:

VesicpP

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
I am pretty disappointed with Picaso Lab (picasolab.com).

I ordered one for my wife's iPad as a gift. When it finally showed up, the font on the sleeve was wrong and the stitching color was wrong (it was yellow).

Multiple emails went unanswered so I disputed the charge with PayPal. Next day I get an email from Alex, the owner. He said he had a lot going on, or something. Anyway, he offered to split the difference claiming that yellow is the only option.

I told him not only does your webpage not show or mention yellow as an option, but also there is no place to specify font in the order process and I sent him two emails after order about the font.

He agreed to send me a new one, with the correct font, and with black leather (versus the original brown I ordered) just so I wouldn't have yellow stitching - at no charge.

I thought great, good service, kind of. Then I received the new one today. Font is correct, but still brown leather and yellow stitching - which is just ugly.

Anyway, all in all, pretty bad communication and even worse quality control.

citivolus

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2008

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Are you able to comfortably type with the Air in the stand? I like the look of the angle for viewing but I'm not sure how it would work for typing.

also, since this case appears to be made for the original iPad, isn't it too big for the Air?

I don't really use it for typing much so it's fine for short messages. It's slightly big, but not much play to it so I really like it.

citivolus

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2008
http://www.amazon.com/Incase-CL5757...1388687655&sr=8-4&keywords=incase+ipad+sleeve

I'm rocking this sleeve for my Air and I love it because it also serves as a stand. The fit is nice and tight.

Well I just got this sleeve and have been using it for a few days. The sleeve is wider than the iPad but not much taller so it's very tight going. Where I think it really shines though is in its use as a stand. I can prop up the iPad stand on my knee while sitting in bed and read very comfortably hands-free! It balances perfectly and lets me surf and type as well. Very happy and it cost less than $8!

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Well I just got this sleeve and have been using it for a few days. The sleeve is wider than the iPad but not much taller so it's very tight going. Where I think it really shines though is in its use as a stand. I can prop up the iPad stand on my knee while sitting in bed and read very comfortably hands-free! It balances perfectly and lets me surf and type as well. Very happy and it cost less than $8!

See. I know what I'm talking about.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.