Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
I use MindNode to create sitemaps and the like but it is not really fitted for this task. I've seen ArgoUML being recommended but it is rather unstable and slow on the mac; not to mention that it doesn't really looks too good.

Are there any good apps for this on the mac? I've looked at Gliffy Diagrams but that's a Chrome extension (seems nice tho) and I would like to use a Mac app if possible.

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
Yeah I mean for class diagrams and the like. I hadn't heard of Violet UML is it based on Java or is there a native mac app?

I've used xMind before but for flowcharts and use cases; will have to check it out again to see if it has the functionality I am looking for.

Thanks.

Basilfawltyone

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2013
Chicago, IL
Mindnode

Just downloaded Mindnode after reading several reviews. Seems to be very Macish and iOS7 friendly - clean simple and syncs with iCloud (or dropbax) right away.

Will come back and write a review but I was using it within just 3 minutes. Intuitive so far.

Basilfawltyone

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2013
Chicago, IL
Mindnode

I have used Mindnode now for two days and I LOVE IT!

Highly recommended. Simple and that is what makes it so powerful.

Some hidden features but they don´t distract you when you need your creativity to work. An extension of your brain ;-)

Cehap and works flawless with the iCloud synch. Bought versions for my MAC, iPad and iPhone.

Same app for iPad and iPhone so you only have to pay once. Actually does not matter since the apps are very cheap to start with. Have compared at least 12 apps and this is by far the most elegant. Love how it integrates with iOS7.

I would not be surprised if Apple bought this company and added this app to FileMaker. Very much an Apple-app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.