Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I've bought an Apple TV from eBay it stated was new and have me serial. Checked on the Apple selfsolve website to check warrant status and said wasn't registered yet to log in with AppleID etc. he had the receipt for it to. He said he hadn't connected it so probably wasn't registered with Apple yet.

Got it, set it up, connected to WiFi etc, but even after a few days it still doesn't appear on the Selfsolve warranty checker I thought all products did once connected/logged into?

Someone confirm please
Thanks

rapicell

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
Just manually add the device yourself, should show up under your apple id after that

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Just manually add the device yourself, should show up under your apple id after that

Yes it's asking me to login and then be added but was wondering why it didn't show as all my other devices have. How do Apple then know the warranty length without a receipt, whereas an iPhone you can get warranty without a receipt as it's off serial number.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.