Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdc2185

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2014
i downloaded the ipsw for 7.04 and it gives me an error that this device isn't eligible for the requested build. i googled the error and it said you can mod the hosts file, and i tried it but it didnt work. why wont it let me restore to 7.04. i just want a clean jb.

cchunk

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2012
i downloaded the ipsw for 7.04 and it gives me an error that this device isn't eligible for the requested build. i googled the error and it said you can mod the hosts file, and i tried it but it didnt work. why wont it let me restore to 7.04. i just want a clean jb.

cant do it anymore. only option i recommend is using iLexRat. it'll erase all contents and settings but will keep your jailbreak. essentially its a restore. or you can choose the option of just erasing everything youve downloaded through cydia. check it out, ive used it twice in the past week. Once for my 5s and my air

Stoltnberg

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2013
can i restore my 7.04 ipad air jb to stock 7.04?

http://semi-restore.com

Install first OpenSSH from Cydia, connect you iDevice, run SemiRestore, and press "semirestore". Done

You iPhone is cleaned, and fresh start. But still on iOS7.0.4.

Tried on my 5S and Mini on 7.0.6. Works fine. No PERFECT :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.