Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechnoSam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
I have a friend who wanted me to jailbreak there iPod Touch about a year ago. It is a 4th generation iPod Touch running iOS 6.1.3.

In any event, she has changed her mind and no longer wants it jailbroken. She wants to keep all her non-jailbroken content though.

If I were doing this for my own device, I understand the process would be relatively simple. I would create a back-up of the device through iTunes, and then restore it to factory defaults, and then restore the back up.

However, I do not have access to the computer that this device is normally synced to. What changes do I need to make to ensure that I keep the data, even doing it from my computer?

Thanks.

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
California
I have a friend who wanted me to jailbreak there iPod Touch about a year ago. It is a 4th generation iPod Touch running iOS 6.1.3.

In any event, she has changed her mind and no longer wants it jailbroken. She wants to keep all her non-jailbroken content though.

If I were doing this for my own device, I understand the process would be relatively simple. I would create a back-up of the device through iTunes, and then restore it to factory defaults, and then restore the back up.

However, I do not have access to the computer that this device is normally synced to. What changes do I need to make to ensure that I keep the data, even doing it from my computer?

Thanks.

I'm not sure i understand correctly but you could use iTools to back up pictures, music, contacts, notes messages, apps and their data and then load them into the newly restored device.

TechnoSam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
That looks like it could work. Is there anyway I can download that for OSX 10.7.5? It seems to only be on Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.