Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vin365

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2009
After updating to 4.3.1 my Airplay icon on the iPhone seems to have gone missing. I tried this fix(it worked before on 4.2)

Navigate to “Settings” from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Tap on General
Tap on International and then
Tap ob Language
Here change to a different language (e.g. if you are using English, switch to French) (Now your device will go through a language switch/reset process and your AirPlay icon should be restored)
Now navigate back to Settings > General > International > Language and switch back to your original language.
that’s it

but it doesn't seem to be working this time around..please help I use Airplay often.

Th3d0ctor

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Do you feel this is related to jailbreaking in some way? If not then you should post this in the regular iphone forums.

gottafly

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2008
Reboot your device and it should show up.

After updating to 4.3.1 my Airplay icon on the iPhone seems to have gone missing. I tried this fix(it worked before on 4.2)

but it doesn't seem to be working this time around..please help I use Airplay often.

gottafly

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2008
Reboot your device and it should show up.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
it only appears when it has something to broadcast to.

This.

Do you have an AppleTV, AirPlay compatible speakers, etc? Without any of these on the same WiFi network you're on at the time you will see no AirPlay icon.

azboomer1947

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
No airplay icon.

Since update to iOS ver 7.1, do not have airplay icon. iPad 3.

1. Have rebooted several times
2. Have changed language to French and back.
3. Have Apple TV turned on and on same wireless network.

No sure what to try no.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.