Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lnferno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2008
Update: They finally answered my emails and allowed me to swap licenses for $6 (half the price of new). In their email to me, they sent me a link to their online manual which is on their website iblacklist.com.br. In the manual (that had a publish date of March of 2011), they do have language in there that speaks directly to swapping licenses.

In all fairness and in lieu of this update and understanding their policy, I will retract my previous comments. I'm not looking to bash anyone -- that's not my intent. I'll give credit where credit is due and I think this was a fair ending.

SirLurksalot

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2012
while on the subject...can anyone get it to work for a busy signal? i use that setting, and the people im testing it with say they get VM...no busy signal.

It does the same thing to me. I wonder if this works for anyone?

The best option I have found is to use "Accept and hang up" because I don't want people I'm blocking to have the option of leaving voicemail... This works, but I'd rather have them get a busy signal, or better yet, the tones when a number is no longer in service. ;)

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2010
Sounds like it would just be easier to pay the $10 again

Ha ha ha ha ha.... That is exactly what I did.

It'd be nice if they kept track of registrations via an email address instead of a device ID, but they don't.

It'd be nice if they integrated with Cydia 100%, but they don't.

What saves them is that iBlacklist is just the best thing going if you need an application like that.

Plain and simple.

It's the chiefest reason why I jailbreak...to be able to buy and use iBlacklist.

It's funny. Apple could save all of the controversy and trouble I go through to jailbreak if they just put a "Restrict to Contact List" function into iOS. I've talked to them before about this, and they act like it's just completely unheard of for somebody not to want his phone to ring if a stranger calls.

----------

It does the same thing to me. I wonder if this works for anyone?

It's a USA thing. The setting isn't allowed in the USA, for whatever strange reason.

If you have people calling you who are so annoying that you want particular numbers not to get through at all, then you might want to look at Youmail.

Youmail allows you to set numbers that are to be "ditched" 100% of the time.

SirLurksalot

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2012
It's a USA thing. The setting isn't allowed in the USA, for whatever strange reason.

If you have people calling you who are so annoying that you want particular numbers not to get through at all, then you might want to look at Youmail.

Youmail allows you to set numbers that are to be "ditched" 100% of the time.

Thanks!

osx86

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2009
UPDATE: Licence transfer page

To all that are trying to transfer their iBlacklist license, here is the transfer licensing page on their site. It took all of about 30 seconds and my license was transferred immediately to my new iPhone 5.

http://www.iblacklist.com.br/migration.php#

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
open ssh and install a cracked version these guys dont deserve **** for what i can tell

i don't endorse piracy tho but sometimes you have to take matters in your own hands

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
I actually paid for this about 4 months ago and am using a cracked version with my iPhone 5. I'm too lazy to go and find all my paypal info.

At least these guys let you transfer to a new device if you bought it less than a year ago, unlike intelliscreen X

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.