Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
If anyone is interested, I have an original Jambox (Red) for sale. I am asking 70 bucks plus shipping and accept paypal. PM me if interested.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 101

tvotony

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2013
I say go with the Bose soundlink it sounds great for the price and I am in love with it

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390581655.241237.jpg

jayrflow

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2013
I second the soundlink. I have it and I love it. It is $300. For $200, the Soundlink Mini is great as well

rablat

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2007
Classified NSA intel
I currently have the Bose Soundlink mini and the UE Boom.
Overall sound experience is owned by the Bose.
Features and Battery is the UE. I wish the UE had just a bit more low end.
I normally like all things UE have 3 Different sets of their earphones and they are outstanding. But the category of bluetooth speakers is currently owned by the Bose Soundlink mini.

koa

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2005
Hawaii
Soundlink Costco $249. W/car adapter

Soundlink II usually $269. Very similar to above, a bit different case the way it folds. No adapter at this price.

Soundlink Mini $200. I got two priced matched at Best Buy for $150. each when ATT had a 25% off sale recently. Highly rated.

TDK A33 $107.-$145. (Currently) on Amazon. This one is weatherproof and sounds as good as the Mini. Plays a bit louder also. Highly rated.

Keep an eye on Slickdeals for prices on the above.

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
Another alternative: Jabra Solemate Mini. Got one for Christmas, surprisingly deep sound for its size, easy setup, has a headphone jack cord stored in the base in case you want to run it from a non-BT device as well.

figaro331

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2011
iLoud bluetooth speaker is much better than Bose Soundlink II.

Is Bose still the best bluetooth speaker?I'm looking for a really good 200 dollar speaker.

I've bought it for $240.00 from StockSocial supplemental site for cultofmac.com.

http://www.cultofmac.com/262762/ilo...speaker-designed-musicians-audiophiles-deals/

The sound from this bluetooth box really blown me away, quality is just awesome!
I've compared iLoud with Bose Soundlink II for $200.00 and standard size jambox and iLoud was way better not just because of quality of the sound but also some other features Bose and Jambox don't have, i.e. ability to connect guitar or microphone or keyboard,max volume is greater than any of the competitors, normal usage of lithium ion battery up to 10 hours, max volume is up to 3 hours, etc.
You can check it out on their website : http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/iloud/.
Please, note : I do not have any affiliations with ikmultimedia.com.:):)

tbjohn

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
Bose Soundlink Mini is a good choice. I like the design of the Jambox but wasn't that impressed with the sound quality.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
Still, after alot of research the soundlink mini and tdk a33 come out as the real competition in this speaker size. I decided to buy them both and will compare them to my old shoqbox from philips. Then keep one of them.
Will have results saturday i hope.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I got the UE BoomBox from Best Buy about a month ago. It may not be the best one but for $99, which one is better does not matter to me.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
Got some results...still needs more testing though. The a33 has small things that annoy me...and while the bass in the soundlink mini is deep and bigger/more boomy then the a33, the quality of the bass is less and bass-heavy songs also totally kill the other tones in every song on high volume anyway(60% and above)

I will make a video review monday or tuesday.

deezy206

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2014
I recently picked up the Anker portable bluetooth 4.0 speaker with Super-Sized 4W Drive and love it! Can't beat 15-20hrs of playtime and a rechargeable 2100mAh Li-ion battery. I've tested it with a whole range of genre and its highs are clear and crisp, mids are full and bass is solid. This thing is the perfect size and is truly portable.

This portable speaker also doubles as a speaker phone for when you make or receive calls! The people on the other end says that they can hear me loud and clear. This speaker accompanies me on my daily drive to and from work as my factory car stereo system does not have Bluetooth or an audio jack. I just pair it with my phone and off I go!

There's actually a current promo going on where you can get 10% off 1 item and 20% off 2 or more items with the promo code ANKERLVU . So you can get this speaker for $28.80 (20% off if bought with another item). The promo is good through Feb 14th! See this thread here for more info http://www.ianker.com/ad/2014valentines/index.html

Note: I do not work for Anker or have any affiliation with the company. I just want to pass on a deal that I found on what I think is a great portable Bluetooth speaker!

Here's some pics of it that is on the Amazon site as I did not take any pics of mine:

61tPj6ANncL._SL1500_.jpg

618IwyXMo-L._SL1500_.jpg

Lostanddamned

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2009
London, UK
Logitech's Ultimate Ears Boom.

The sound is phenomenal, louder, clearer and fills a room better than any other listed so far that I have tried (bass isn't quite as deep as that of the Soundlink Mini, but I've found it to be a truer sound.)

IMG-0014-1.jpg

It looks beautiful, its rugged as all hell, and it can pull out a roughly 15 hour battery life.

Comes in at about $180 and I can't begin to tell you how much nicer it is than the Bose or Beats.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
What is the Best Bluetooth speaker?

I recently got the Mpow bluetooth speaker which works great.

Here's my review:

The Mpow Portable Bluetooth Speaker is a small and loud Bluetooth speaker. It plays the highs and lows great. I hear no static in the background also. I do not hear any distortion when playing on high volume. I really like this speaker.

Box Contents:
-Mpow Portable Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker
-Micro USB cable
-Aux cable

Pros:
-Quality sound
-Easy to set up
-Small and portable (compact design)
-Many controls like play/pause, change volume and change song
-Charges by micro USB; I do not like mini USB or unique/old plugs people don't use today
-Black color all over
-Metal grill to protect speaker and let sound through (has a stylish design)
-Aux port for playing non Bluetooth devices
-Large battery for long use
-Feet to stop the speaker from sliding
-Great gift for music lovers
-Can activate Siri using the speaker
-Good price

No cons.

Overall, this is great choice if you are looking for great sound quality in a Bluetooth speaker that is small and looks good.

I have a video on amazon if anyone wants the link to it. I can PM it to you.
6asuhepe.jpg
yqe2uhyq.jpg

5aryzudu.jpg

Last edited:

alanrocks

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2011
United Kingdom
I got the Jawbone Jambox about a year ago now and it's very cool, I especially like the design on the front and back of the speaker (in black). The sound is great in a room with not many people but when I used this in a party, the sound got drowned out. My friend has a bose speaker and it's pretty cool, sound is a bit better than jambox in my opinion!

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.