Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dewjack

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
Sweden
Hi,

Have some movie clips that are causing me trouble when I try to copy them from the SD-card to the desktop. I receive the following message: The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “AVCHD” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)

I can however import them from imovie but then they become format .mov and I prefer in this case .mts.

Thank you for your help
/dewjack

jamesjingyi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
UK
Hi,

Have some movie clips that are causing me trouble when I try to copy them from the SD-card to the desktop. I receive the following message: The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “AVCHD” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)

I can however import them from imovie but then they become format .mov and I prefer in this case .mts.

Thank you for your help
/dewjack

Sounds to me like a faulty memory card with certain bad bits. Try repairing the disk using Disk Utility then try again. If this doesn't work, export each fie individually using iMovie to whatever format you want (if this is the only way to get them off). Then format the drive using Disk Utility again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.