Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
I have the entire audio library ripped from Portal 2. It includes a lot of good sounds. I use some for ringtones. It has thr turret responses and such. Of someone can tell me how to upload a large file I'm willing to upload the whole thing.

Nyalotha

macrumors member
May 27, 2011
I have the entire audio library ripped from Portal 2. It includes a lot of good sounds. I use some for ringtones. It has thr turret responses and such. Of someone can tell me how to upload a large file I'm willing to upload the whole thing.

filedropper.com

then give us the link here.

I will love you forever if you do this.

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
Last edited:

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
Can anyone recommend any sites to download tones?.. Perhaps by bumping this thread, peeps would get motivated and start posting again.

devsterc

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2012
Hello!

Enjoyed this thread enough to sign up and share. I cut down a file from one of the Simpsons CDs ("Go Simpsonic...", I believe) to create one of just Homer saying "Hello".

It's great in meetings, as after it goes off you can count how many folks check to see if they butt-dialed someone. :D

Attachments

• Homer Hello.zip
    23.9 KB · Views: 392

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
Enjoyed this thread enough to sign up and share. I cut down a file from one of the Simpsons CDs ("Go Simpsonic...", I believe) to create one of just Homer saying "Hello".

It's great in meetings, as after it goes off you can count how many folks check to see if they butt-dialed someone. :D

Cool of you to bump this thread and share your tones! Hopefully others will follow and we give this thread some life.

Keep posting and sharing! thanx:cool:

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
Does anyone have professional sounding alert tones that they can share. I'm not into these cartoonish stuff. I'm trying to find an original beeper/pager tone to use as a ringtone and some nice and short ones to be used as alerts. Perhaps some default event sounds from outlook, windows, android, or other operating systems would be nice.

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
Does anyone have professional sounding alert tones that they can share. I'm not into these cartoonish stuff. I'm trying to find an original beeper/pager tone to use as a ringtone and some nice and short ones to be used as alerts. Perhaps some default event sounds from outlook, windows, android, or other operating systems would be nice.

If you search the thread, I shared some Xbox tones that are real subtle; nothing cartoonish or from a video game.

I believe it's called Xbox startup tone--or something similar--and you can find it on Major Nelson's site. If I'm not mistaken, I shared the link.

Try it out you might like them.

EDIT: here you go http://majornelson.com/2010/08/09/xbox-360-console-sounds/

devsterc

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2012

Understood. I'd still suggest picking through and listening to some of the suggestions, and ignore the sources they came from. Without context, they can work in an office environment.

Someone posted the Super Mario World Coin noise. That's actually pretty mild and kinda blackberry-ish. The xbox Achievement Unlocked sound is good. You may find it long, but the Agility Orb from 'Crackdown' is a distinctive "new mail" sound. There's also the (old) ringtone from past iPhone commercials. Someone else here posted the old tweet sent noise; that's also good.

I bundled those five into the attached for you to consider, along with "silence" (assign it to your telemarketing contacts entry - you do have one of those, right?).

Attachments

• Biz_tones.zip
    496.9 KB · Views: 510

devsterc

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2012

You should take a look at the ones posted on LifeHacker today. They are very light notification tones.

mac&cheesey

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2008
Family Guy

Herbert...

I'd Love To Dance Fred Savage

Attachments

• I'd Love To Dance Fred Savage.m4r.zip
    81 KB · Views: 271

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
Let try to rejuvenate this thread a bit. We can never have enough tones

Attachments

• Adele-Skyfall.m4r.zip
    453 KB · Views: 297
  • Ennio-Morricone-The-Good-the-Bad-and-the-Ugly.m4r.zip
    262.9 KB · Views: 317
  • NFL-Monday-Night.m4r.zip
    288.4 KB · Views: 288

brylliant

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
You beat me to making this thread! I want to suggest that instead of linking to tones online, we should upload them for others to use. For texts, I use the "pause" sound from the original Super Mario Bros. game.

OMG Wow. Thanks I was looking for a Mario related text tone. This one is perfect! Nice and loud too. :D

----------

Can anyone recommend any sites to download tones?.. Perhaps by bumping this thread, peeps would get motivated and start posting again.

http://www.zedge.net

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.