Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

safariicon.jpg
Apple today updated update Safari for Mavericks to version 7.0.3, adding improvements to compatibility, stability, and security. The update includes a new option for turning off push notification prompts for websites, improves credit card autofill, adds support for webpages with generic top-level domains, and fixes several security issues.
- Fixes an issue that could cause the search and address field to load a webpage or send a search term before the return key is pressed
- Improves credit card autofill with websites
- Fixes an issue that could block receipt of push notifications from websites
- Adds a preference to turn off push notification prompts from websites
- Adds support for webpages with generic top-level domains
- Strengthens Safari sandboxing
- Fixes security issues, including several identified in recent security competitions
The update is a free download for Mavericks users and is available through the software update tool in the Mac App Store.

Apple has also released new versions of Safari 6.1.3 for Mountain Lion and Lion users.

Article Link: Apple Releases Safari 7.0.3 for Mavericks With Push Notification Improvements, Security Fixes

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
- Fixes an issue that could cause the search and address field to load a webpage or send a search term before the return key is pressed

I assumed this was a feature.

After "It's not a bug, it's a feature", here's "It's not a feature, it's a bug".

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
Safari lags and freezes a whole lot lately, even with zero extensions. I'm not sure what's wrong, though I've been using 7.0.3 for a while now.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Safari lags and freezes a whole lot lately, even with zero extensions. I'm not sure what's wrong, though I've been using 7.0.3 for a while now.

Same here. On ML and older versions of OS X, I religiously used Firefox, but decided to give Safari a chance in Mavericks, and LOVED it. So smooth and easy to use! A huge improvement over the Safari versions in ML and older. However, starting with around 10.9.1 or .2, I noticed a lot of lagginess and freezing. Very annoying, and I'm starting to reconsider my options for browsing. Let's hope 7.0.3 fixes this!

macpro2000

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2005
So it's not just me? I'd scroll and it would just stop for a couple seconds then continue. Same thing?

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
I'm still primarily using Safari, although I had some issues with the NCAA tournament streams (using flash, so no surprise).

I ended up having the best success with Chrome, but Safari is so seamless for me to use across the multiple machines that I use. I tend to always end up back with Safari.

jffluis

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2012
Anyone can confirm that this update has this build number?

7.0.3 (9537.75.13)

joelisfar

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
"adds support for webpages with generic top-level domains"

Woohoo! Welcome to websites.anything!

toad77

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2010
Oklahoma City
Dang. Was really hoping the "Allow AutoFill even for websites that request passwords not be saved" option would return with this build.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
I'm starting to hate Safari!

It still loads a totally random page before I can finish typing the URL. WTH! :mad:

Try turning off "Do not preload Top Hit in the background" option in the Safari's Privacy Preferences. That should fix the problem.

Check your Internet folders, make sure there are no outdated plugins from previous OS X installs getting in the way.

Thank you. I have OSX 10.9.3 BETA with safari 7.0.3 build (9537.75.13) and AppStore can't find the update..

It won't show you the update. You get Safari updates in seeds, not via MAS. Expect .14 to show up in the next seed update.

Now all we need is an update to Safari for iOS allowing us to turn off those "OMG our website has an APP!! plz DOWNLOAD!!" notifications we get with certain sites.

Oh god, yes. It's the most annoying thing ever.

Not only that, Safari for iOS needs to stop taking me to apps without asking me first just because it reloaded a tab. Fracking annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.