Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pollybrowne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2009
I apologize if someone has posted this problem and I failed to find the thread but I just went into Cydia and updated a tweak, I'm honestly not even sure which one it was, I believe it was a folder customizer.

When my my phone did the respring--I had like five pages of apps and five folders full of apps--after the respring there was only one app icon left on each of the five pages, one app in the dock, and only two folders with one app in each and none of them are Cydia. The Appstore, iTunes store are missing, the music player is missing. But JB tweaks like shading in the control panel and Zepplin are still working so I don't think my JB went out.

I've never had anything like this happen before, does anyone have any idea why I can do?

I would really appreciate any help anyone has to offer.

Thanks

*I also don't have the settings app, and when I try to hit it in the control panel I get the message:
"The URL wasnt loaded: prefs:"

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I apologize if someone has posted this problem and I failed to find the thread but I just went into Cydia and updated a tweak, I'm honestly not even sure which one it was, I believe it was a folder customizer.

When my my phone did the respring--I had like five pages of apps and five folders full of apps--after the respring there was only one app icon left on each of the five pages, one app in the dock, and only two folders with one app in each and none of them are Cydia. The Appstore, iTunes store are missing, the music player is missing. But JB tweaks like shading in the control panel and Zepplin are still working so I don't think my JB went out.

I've never had anything like this happen before, does anyone have any idea why I can do?

I would really appreciate any help anyone has to offer.

Thanks

*I also don't have the settings app, and when I try to hit it in the control panel I get the message:
"The URL wasnt loaded: prefs:"

does the icons pop up if you hold volume up while booting? is cydia still there?

did you ever install OpenSSH?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.