Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Try turning off "Do not preload Top Hit in the background" option in the Safari's Privacy Preferences. That should fix the problem.

Check your Internet folders, make sure there are no outdated plugins from previous OS X installs getting in the way.

It won't show you the update. You get Safari updates in seeds, not via MAS. Expect .14 to show up in the next seed update.

Oh god, yes. It's the most annoying thing ever.

Not only that, Safari for iOS needs to stop taking me to apps without asking me first just because it reloaded a tab. Fracking annoying.

Some websites automatically redirect me to the App Store for some crap IAP games :mad:

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
- Fixes security issues, including several identified in recent security competitions

I like how Apple is being more candid about this.

bzero

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2014
Can we proactively ban any "is it snappier" posts?

They're already banned. Try saying it...

----------

Safari lags and freezes a whole lot lately, even with zero extensions. I'm not sure what's wrong, though I've been using 7.0.3 for a while now.

That's just Mavericks in general for me. Mountain Lion was worth the downgrade.

----------

Now all we need is an update to Safari for iOS allowing us to turn off those "OMG our website has an APP!! plz DOWNLOAD!!" notifications we get with certain sites.

That's why I jailbreak and use User Agent Faker :D
There are sites that you literally cannot access on an iPhone without faking your user agent.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I'm still primarily using Safari, although I had some issues with the NCAA tournament streams (using flash, so no surprise).

I ended up having the best success with Chrome, but Safari is so seamless for me to use across the multiple machines that I use. I tend to always end up back with Safari.

I tried chrome and Firefox. I agree with your thought that in the apple ecosystem, safari really is so seem less now across devices that it is really hard to give up. I will say that at work where I am forced to endure Microsoft, I noticed that the latest version of ie does not completely suck. However I need to put a lot of website on some compatibility list for them to work right. Whatever, I try not to do anything non work related on the crappy 5 year old hardware they provide running ms old systems.

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
I'm getting freezes when using gestures to go back a page in safari. Hopefully it's been fixed......

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Still no srcset attribute support.

This was announced on the WebKit blog in August 2013! It's essential for creating Retina-capable websites; I'm totally shocked it isn't in Safari yet.

I wouldn't expect to see it until either a major 7.1 release or 8.x release in 10.10. Apple don't usually release anything like that in a minor .x.x release.

As far as I can see, only Chrome supports it. Firefox doesn't support it either.

efktd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2011
USA
we shouldn't ban the "safari feels snappier" posts. this is a timeless saying that goes way back. i remember updating to safari 3 in 2008 and everyone was loving just how new and improved it was. no. this is why i read macrumors everyday. this is why i love apple. if safari feels snappier, then safari feels snappier.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
I haven't downloaded these yet. Don't know if the new safari 7.0.3 will install over the top of the developer versions of safari in mavericks 10.9.3 betas. If not, I think developers should wait till the next developer build of mavericks 10.9.3.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
I can now confirm that safari 7.0.3 build 9537.75.14 released today will install on os x 10.9.3 beta build 13D28 with the safari 7.0.3 beta build 9537.75.13.

But it will not show up in the mac app store under the 10.9.3 beta build 13D28. You will need to use the direct link I posted above if you want to update it now rather than wait for the next mavericks beta.

hamis92

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
Finland
Oh yes. The omnibox submitting the URL or search query before I was done typing was driving me insane. Frequently it did that multiple times in a row so I had to type the address up to three times before I got where I wanted.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Now all Safari needs is a way to learn to take my bookmarks over any Google search. If I wanted to search for verge I did - but I wanted The Verge's website in my bookmarks. Hints? Tips?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.