Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bythecshore

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
CT
Is there an app to turn my old iPad into an internet-enabled photo frame?

I have a Kodak Pulse photo frame that my mom loves. I and my siblings can email photos to it and they automatically appear. Unfortunately Kodak stopped making them, but I'm guessing that there may be an iPad app that can do this.

Anyone know of one? Adding photos via email/internet is a must-have.

DerekS

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
Uh...

When it's locked, there is a little "photo" button. Press it and poof, you have a digital frame.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Uh...

When it's locked, there is a little "photo" button. Press it and poof, you have a digital frame.

Actually, this feature was removed from iOS 7.

OP - try Picmatic. There is a free & pro version. It doesn't expressly fulfill your request to be able to email to it but if you point it in the direction of a shared PhotoStream app that your family has access to, it will update that way. But that really only works if they have iCloud accounts.

There are other digital photo frame apps in the App Store, just search "digital photo frame." There are many w/ Flickr access. You can create a family flickr account and then have everyone use the upload by email address to add to it.

Last edited:

bythecshore

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
CT
Thanks E3BK.

Or I suppose I could just have the iPad looking right at Flicker directly in slide-show mode. Of course if someone touches the screen, it gets messed up.

I'm looking for this for a couple of very non-tech savvy people, so need something that will just work, period. The Kodak frame did that, too bad they went bankrupt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.