Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
so the future of iOS8 and MacOS,the new macbook air and thats all, BUT maybe a sneak peak of a new product like last year with Mac Pro

kmil

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2013
The 2014 logo shows scaled squares. A hint at making iOS work on multiple screen sizes? (phones/tablets/tv's/carplay?).

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
so the future of iOS8 and MacOS,the new macbook air and thats all, BUT maybe a sneak peak of a new product like last year with Mac Pro

I didn't see any hardware mentions in the announcement.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
How many of us believe that the lottery will be totally random? Certainly the "marquee" developers — folks like the Angry Birds team, Facebook mobile, etc. — will be admitted no matter what.

proline

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2012
They don't mention whole new iOS or Mac OS releases this time.

I would actually be happy if they hold off on the next Mac OS to make sure it's as bug-free as possible. But I doubt we won't see iOS 8.
Apple never announces that there will be a new version of iOS in advance, but there always is. This won't be changing. Apple needs iOS 8 as a key part of their marketing strategy for the iPhone 6. Put simply, the "future of iOS" is iOS 8.

Now if you want to mindlessly speculate/make crap up, you should be spending your time psycho-analyzing the 2014 WWDC graphic, not fear-mongering about something we know the answer to. The graphic actually includes a huge amount of info. Item #1- thin fonts are here to stay.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
How many of us believe that the lottery will be totally random? Certainly the "marquee" developers — folks like the Angry Birds team, Facebook mobile, etc. — will be admitted no matter what.

I'm sure Apple has reserved invites for top developers.

razbiz

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2013
Logo

So, that logo looks very much like a bunch of pixels made up of small :apple:-TVs, non?

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I love how we really have no idea what will be shown off at WWDC and it's driving the usual suspects in the Apple rumor mill chain crazy.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011

Exactly. Most lotteries are already half gone before the lottery even starts. The organiser always sets aside a lot of tickets for people they want to see there. So who ever from the public wins the lottery, they know they are very lucky as only a subset of the total pool of tickets is made available for the public lottery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.