Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Guess you won't be getting the Galaxy S5 either. It has a horrible logo on the front too.

Attachments

• SGS5.jpg
    SGS5.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 70
  • HTC-ONE-M8.jpg
    HTC-ONE-M8.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

CyanLite

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2013
Well technically you could argue that in regards to a bigger screen and the boom sound speakers too ;)

Bigger screen and speakers give something in return, the logo doesn't. Although I guess all this talk is useless because they can't just get rid of the logo, it's there for a reason.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Guess you won't be getting the Galaxy S5 either. It has a horrible logo on the front too.

To me the logo on top is not as in your face. One might argue that it sits closer to the eyes but the bottom of the screen is a much more active area for the user, with the on screen buttons being right there.

I loathed these Samsung logos at first but eventually learned to live with the one on my Note 2... I still prefer none at all of course - if Google makes a 6 inch Nexus, my life will be complete.

Well yeah, it's a design choice. I'd have taken that extra bit of thickness any day if it meant getting rid of that bezel and logo.

And sorry everyone for being so pissy about this, I know a freaking logo isn't the end of the world obviously, it just rubs my OCD the wrong way :D

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
And sorry everyone for being so pissy about this, I know a freaking logo isn't the end of the world obviously, it just rubs my OCD the wrong way :D

And what do you do about all of he logos on other things you own like cars, tvs, washer/dryer, refrigerators, etc.?

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
I don't like that it's the black bar and then your touch buttons are another bar on top of a bar. Which to ME made the screen feel smaller and it felt wasteful.

But at the same time I understand it was necessary for internals etc etc. Just boils down to personal preference and what you find aesthetically pleasing. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.