Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hf44

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
Hello, i decided to do a clean restore, and jailbreak, but i backed up all my photos and i cant seem to put them back in my camera roll at all.. i tried messing with Diskaid and itunes but i have had no idea yet.

I would like to avoid syncing them, as because its really annoying to have multiple albums. Ive heard of PhotoAlbums+, but im only 17 and cant buy it because of no creditcard or paypal. any ideas?

Blue26

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Dublin, California
I had a similar problem few months ago, the only way I could find to restore any pics to the Camera Roll was to restore from backup.

Could not find any manual way to do it. Hopefully someone knows if it's possible, I've been looking for a while.

menotiko

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2012
I use an application caled Photosync to transfer photos to and from my PC. When I transfer TO my iPhone, the photos go directly into my Photo app. So as you said you have all your photos backed up, you can try Photosync to transfer them over to your iDevice directly into your Photo.app

Hf44

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
I use an application caled Photosync to transfer photos to and from my PC. When I transfer TO my iPhone, the photos go directly into my Photo app. So as you said you have all your photos backed up, you can try Photosync to transfer them over to your iDevice directly into your Photo.app

when you do it, does it come into your camera roll?

menotiko

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2012
when you do it, does it come into your camera roll?

Yes. Directly into your camera roll. Photosync is a paid app on the appstore but there should be some free alternatives. They all basically do the same.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Yes. Do it all the time to unload/reload photos and videos.

Sorry for bumping old thread. But how can we copy photos from pc to iPhone camera roll ? I tried the import feature in iFunbox but It makes a separate folder called photo library where it inserts the pictures and they cannot even be deleted from the device.

raaaaa

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2013
Sorry for bumping old thread. But how can we copy photos from pc to iPhone camera roll ? I tried the import feature in iFunbox but It makes a separate folder called photo library where it inserts the pictures and they cannot even be deleted from the device.

I bought a new phone with IOS 6 and was not able to copy pics from my ios7 phone to this new one because icloud restore didn't work since it had IOS 7 backup.

Anyways, I have just found that we can do it using ImageTransfer app from Appstore, tested it and worked for me, hope it works for you too. Had to register to reply :)

imackintouch

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2013
New York City
ImageTransfer is great!!

I had to wipe my iPhone 5 recently do get around some kind of software corruption after an iOS7 upgrade. I was advised at the Genius Bar that I visited not to recover directly from a Backup because the corruption was most likely in the Backup and I believed this having already tried to restore from Backup once.

In any case, this meant that I had to figure out how to get my photos that I'd already exported off the iPhone back onto it and after Googling the heck out of the "interwebs", I came across this thread. Imagetransfer was a freaking life saver. I also allowed me to put back my videos as well. I like software that's simple and just freaking works.

Fantastic.

Thanks for the tip folks!

Ian

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I had to wipe my iPhone 5 recently do get around some kind of software corruption after an iOS7 upgrade. I was advised at the Genius Bar that I visited not to recover directly from a Backup because the corruption was most likely in the Backup and I believed this having already tried to restore from Backup once.

In any case, this meant that I had to figure out how to get my photos that I'd already exported off the iPhone back onto it and after Googling the heck out of the "interwebs", I came across this thread. Imagetransfer was a freaking life saver. I also allowed me to put back my videos as well. I like software that's simple and just freaking works.

Fantastic.

Thanks for the tip folks!

Ian

You can restore content from your tabs in iTunes without importing any corrupted files back onto your device. So backups of your contacts, movies, music, photos, bookmarks, etc are safe to import.

Wendela

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2014
Hi guys, looking to put about 2500 photo's/videos from my mac in to my camera roll of my iphone 5. I'm looking for a wired solution as i've used apps like photosync in the past and not found them that reliable, also it would take a looong time to do that many wirelessly.

I've tried ifunbox but apparently it doesn't support putting files into the camera roll anymore. Anymore suggestions?

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
California
The only way i know of that still works whether you're Jailbroken or not is by installing tongbu assistant app from Safari, launch the app, connect your iphone via USB leave tongbu app opened and import your photos straight to camera roll, don't manually lock your phone while the pictures are being imported, when you're done simply uninstall tongbu, although it distributes wallpapers, ringtones etc but a part of it also offers pirated apps so i wouldn't recommend it if there was a different working solution.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hi guys, looking to put about 2500 photo's/videos from my mac in to my camera roll of my iphone 5. I'm looking for a wired solution as i've used apps like photosync in the past and not found them that reliable, also it would take a looong time to do that many wirelessly.

I've tried ifunbox but apparently it doesn't support putting files into the camera roll anymore. Anymore suggestions?

Photo Organizer 7? It costs $1.99 in cydia though

chamane

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2015
Get that one app called PicBack on the app store on your iPhone, then go on itunes and plug your iPhone in and go to the Apps tab and choose PickBack app, at this point you should be able to add all the pictures and videos you want from your computer onto that app, which you can then save them to your camera roll or to specific album when you go to them on the app on your phone

https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/picback-photo-transfer-app/id907477607?l=en&mt=8

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.