Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anarchy99

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
CA
My iPhone 5 is dying, it's not being detected via USB but will charge via USB if powered off (weird)
Regardless I want to wait to install .IPA files on the phone
I found out I can use iFle and upload the files directly to the phone and that works fine over Wi-Fi but I don't know of any way to either over Wi-Fi or natively on the phone install the file

any recommendations are appreciated :)

thanks

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
My iPhone 5 is dying, it's not being detected via USB but will charge via USB if powered off (weird)
I found out I can use iFle and upload the files directly to the phone and that works fine over Wi-Fi but I don't know of any way to either over Wi-Fi or natively on the phone install the file

thanks

Why not just use iTunes to install the app to make life easier if you're currently on the computer transferring the file?

Anyways, you can use IPA Installer from cydia; i don't think terminal can install apps

Anarchy99

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
CA
Why not just use iTunes to install the app to make life easier if you're currently on the computer transferring the file?

Anyways, you can use IPA Installer from cydia; i don't think terminal can install apps

itunes isn't seeing it via wifi (I've never set it up but it might be possible) and via USB as I stated before I can't because usb is borked on the phone

**update**
Looking at Apple site initial set up needs to be done via USB so Wi-Fi with iTunes is out of the question

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
California

thanks

Are you using 3rd party lightning cable?

Anarchy99

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
CA
Are you using 3rd party lightning cable?

tried both, i have 2 legit ones and 3 3rd party
they all work fine with my roommates iPhone 5 but not mine, it is my iPhone

when i called apple they ran a test and then told me that it will cost me( i think it was $169) because I'm out of warranty
at this point cause i can still charge I'm fine except i can't load any ipa's stored on my mac

id rather wait for the next iPhone

thanks

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
itunes isn't seeing it via wifi (I've never set it up but it might be possible) and via USB as I stated before I can't because usb is borked on the phone

**update**
Looking at Apple site initial set up needs to be done via USB so Wi-Fi with iTunes is out of the question

As recommended above, get "IPA Installer" and install it. It works just great (I've just tested under 5.1.1 with a non-pirated IPA on a device previously associated with the AppStore account.) Then, you can transfer IPA's to your device with any app that has a Wi-Fi server built-in - a lot of AppStore apps like media players or the JB-only iFile. (I recommend the latter). Then, all you need to do is browsing in IPA Installer to get to the file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.