Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rapicell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
So my mom recently bought a used 2012 honda accord and it has a USB plug in. I tried to plug her phone in and it starts charging and displays that the phone is plugged in. When I put a song on it displays the song info, but no audio is passing through (volume is on for the car, but no volume control is present in the music app). Any ideas what the problem may be?

Phone: 4s
Music: Default music app

jayes

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
I have a 2013 accord with navi so I don't know if the radio is the same.
I can play music from my iPhone 5 by connecting with a stereo capable cable (from Radio shack) from headphone jack to the Aux jack. On the source screen I select AUX -there is a pic of the jack on the choice. If I want to charge while it's playing I use the regular lightning charger.
There might be other ways but this works so I did not dig deeper. Whatever I chose on the phone plays through the car speakers.
Hope this helps.
:eek: Well, I obviously missed the most obvious. There is an option under SOURCE for Bluetooth. Select that and the music on your phone will play through the car speakers. No cables needed.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.