Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
So the ones that you don't have to carry with you (the ones that stay static somewhere on your walls or floors) is better to be as light and as thin as possible. But not the stuff that you carry on your hand or in your pocked?

So I didn't write my comment very carefully. I'm sure most people would love most things to be lighter, but there's a point at which it's light, thin, or small enough that my primary concern isn't for it to get lighter or thinner anymore.

Some of us also have a concern of things getting too thin. That's my concern. I should have left the "light" part out of my comment. Personal preference as you liked to call it. There are some things about the older generation of cellular phones that I liked better. They were a lot more comfortable to hold and less likely to be dropped (in my case anyway).

I would like my iPad and my laptop to get lighter... much lighter. A slightly lighter iPhone wouldn't matter much to me and a much lighter one might actually be unwelcome for the reason that objects that get "too" light are also easier to mishandle and drop... but that's a moot point in the case of phones. I doubt we're going to see any phones that light for some time simply because of the batteries.

Tamara91

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2014
looks amazing I like the design how slim and perfect. it should be noted that it's the first article about iPhone 6 where images aren't blurry, maybe that's not yet the final and the exact version but anyway looks gorgeus

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Some of us also have a concern of things getting too thin. That's my concern. I should have left the "light" part out of my comment. Personal preference as you liked to call it. There are some things about the older generation of cellular phones that I liked better. They were a lot more comfortable to hold and less likely to be dropped (in my case anyway).

I know where you coming from. I thought the same before I tried the last generation iPod touch! I completely changed my view. If device is designed right all these concerns are addressed. And am all up for thinner and lighter device as long as the battery life is not compromised.

cathyy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2008
apple...

KEEP THE PHONE AS THICK AS THE 4S AND PUT IN A BIGGER BATTERY.

THINNER ≠ BETTER

(yes i know these are renderings)

I have to say that I actually prefer the iPhone 4/S thickness and weight over the iPhone 5/S. It simply feels way more solid and feels so much better in my hand.

DragoniteD

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2013
Why do only iPhone sized devices look ugly with rounded edges? What about iPads? Makes no sense.

This thing looks awesome, although a bit too thin. Back glass needs to make a comeback.

The size matters.

iPad is much larger, and relatively thinner (thickness compare to length & width) so that rounded edges are still good looking. If iPhone can be 4mm thin, which is almost impossible, it will not be ugly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.