Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Just built a new winter bike.

New frame with a load of left over bits and pieces.

Photo 19-01-2014 13 49 39.jpg

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
4-series Domane? Love the Di2 electronic shifting, but it can be expensive to add later. Though there were a lot of deals this past fall for 10-speed Ultegra bikes, including the 6770 Di2...

Domane 5.2 actually. Picked up the electronic components on eBay for around a grand. Sure its not necessary but man is electronic shifting sweet. ;)

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
New tri bike fun! Selling my black and grey 58cm and moved to a smaller frame for a better fit. It has a ton of tririg goodies on it too. Also updated bars/stem/seat post on the roadie to ritchey carbon and turning my garage into a winter pain cave.

Damn, you could set up a bike shop almost! :eek:

This is my newest one:

i-pSBDrp5-L.jpg

i-n948fZP-L.jpg

I'm nervous as heck, and also pretty excited too. My first ride on it is tomorrow night on the track. First race is on Friday night.

I'm new to this track thing. So glad I put in a huge effort over the holidays to improve everything about my riding and me too, to be honest. We'll see what happens. I'll sit at the back and watch the goings on and see what I can do. Conservative to start with.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
Damn, you could set up a bike shop almost! :eek:

This is my newest one:

I'm nervous as heck, and also pretty excited too. My first ride on it is tomorrow night on the track. First race is on Friday night.

I'm new to this track thing. So glad I put in a huge effort over the holidays to improve everything about my riding and me too, to be honest. We'll see what happens. I'll sit at the back and watch the goings on and see what I can do. Conservative to start with.

Wow is this what has become of the langster? Which model is that?

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
Wow is this what has become of the langster? Which model is that?

That's a Langster Pro. I got it out for a run tonight on the track, but it didn't go well to start with. The gearing was far too low. Swapped the 15 on the back for a 14 (borrowed) and it was much better. Next thing was to get the saddle height correct and that made a big improvement too.

When we were doing the pursuit, near the end I could feel knee pain coming on. Picking up the saddle higher solved it. These things are addictive. :cool:

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
That's a Langster Pro. I got it out for a run tonight on the track, but it didn't go well to start with. The gearing was far too low. Swapped the 15 on the back for a 14 (borrowed) and it was much better. Next thing was to get the saddle height correct and that made a big improvement too.

When we were doing the pursuit, near the end I could feel knee pain coming on. Picking up the saddle higher solved it. These things are addictive. :cool:

Best of luck on the track. For a while I couldn't find a langster in any shop. Then conveniently after I buy ****** State bike. They are on clearance in my local bike shop.

May have to buy one if my fixie keeps breaking.

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
Best of luck on the track. For a while I couldn't find a langster in any shop. Then conveniently after I buy ****** State bike. They are on clearance in my local bike shop.

May have to buy one if my fixie keeps breaking.

I started off in D grade for safety reasons, but next week I'm in C grade. I was nervous a bit and my tactics were just not good, but I had enough speed to get the gaps back. So that was an overall win in D.

Next week I'm on the Dunc Gray Velodrome in Sydney, the 2000 Olympics venue. I can't wait to get on it. I've been warned not to look down on the banking, or you get really disorientated because it is so steep.

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010

Giant TCR SL1 (2014) with DA9000 11 speed. This was an unintended arrival. I kept riding with a fracture somewhere in the ribs, but it robbed my ability to go really quickly and kept me out of racing for a while. The fracture is now mended, I cannot feel any side-effects from it, not when I'm breathing heavily or when I sneeze/cough.

This bike is incredibly light and fast, though the fast bit might be the training I'm doing paying off too. It is about 900g lighter than my old bike, weighing in at 6.84kg (with bidon cages and K-edge), or 6.94kg with the Garmin on it too. Add a saddle bag and it is still 7.3kg. Without bidon cages and K-edge, it was 6.72kg - illegally light. :p

I love riding this bike. The brakes are amazing, they just stop you, like someone has dropped the anchor. You quickly learn to tap them, rather than squeeze the lever. Changes? The standard Giant tyres were replaced before it even left the shop, GP4000S installed for some puncture protection. Other than that, only fit changes which were transferred from the old frame. Only the stem is different, 100mm instead of 90mm. I'd prefer 90mm, but 100 is okay. I can use either. Physically, I'm 1.74m tall, but I've got long arms and legs. You might pick that up from the setup of the bike.

Mr Pink57

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2011
a van down by the river
Couple new/used bikes in the quiver.

Built up a On-One Fatty via Planet X rolling chassis build using a lot of nice spare parts I had laying around.

Then I took my old On-One Inbred frame and made it a fat front fixie for around town. This bike i setup 36x16t with a velosolo 6 bolt cog, I've had this cog for a long time just never used it.

Attachments

• fatty.jpg
    fatty.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 134
  • fatty2.jpg
    fatty2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 122
  • fixie.JPG
    fixie.JPG
    629.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

b06tmm

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2009
South Louisiana
I'm really digging the Racktime rack I have on the back. I have some panniers and a top bag that is easy to switch out and lock to the rack.

IMG_0911_zpscdbaee09.jpg

IMG_0915_zps23d814c6.jpg

IMG_0913_zps2b4d9fe0.jpg

Unfortunately, the bike is feeling a touch too small for me and so I'm looking at other hybrid/commuter/city bikes. There are are some other vendors I'm looking at but these are my top three so far.

Currently the list includes Public Bleaker or D8i (thanks Orange Crane), Shinola Bixby and a CBD Swift.

Anyone have any experience with Shinola and/or CBD?

Last edited:

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Just got this

6KU Nebula Single-Speed Fixie Bike Black

Attachments

• 3536-DEFAULT-l.jpg
    3536-DEFAULT-l.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 132

msbd

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2014
Bangladesh
Sorry for no picture of my Bicycle cause I sold that few Months ago while not is use long time. It was Indian Hero Royal Brand Bicycle.

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
iPhone pic of my Giant Talon 2, changed saddle for more comfort and has DMR v8 pedals apart from that its pretty standard.

Attachments

• Talon2.jpg
    Talon2.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 132

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Got this a couple of weeks ago to cruise around and do some dirt jumping. Sunday Model C 24". I changed the seat and post on this since the picture to a pivotal seat and post.
CC37F3F5-2893-4E82-8DDD-805169A9598E_zpsrsjnpxib.jpg

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Citygrounds? Was looking at these the other day. Nice looking bike.

Yes Citygrounds. It's a nice entry level bike. It is also a flip hub so I can use it as a fixed gear or a free wheal which is nice for a beginner like me. Only thing is it only has a front brake so you have to get to used to that. But a back brake can be put on for cheap.

Heavy Fluid

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
Yes Citygrounds. It's a nice entry level bike. It is also a flip hub so I can use it as a fixed gear or a free wheal which is nice for a beginner like me. Only thing is it only has a front brake so you have to get to used to that. But a back brake can be put on for cheap.

How are you riding it right now? I bought a similar bike online, fixed/free wheel, and tried both. Brakes that came on the bike were garbage, and the one time I tried fixed it was a bit much, so I opted for a new wheel with a coaster brake. Works decently enough for what I use it for. Emergency stops are hairy, but they are on most bikes.

I am hoping that over this summer, I will be able to take it out more and try the fixed gear again, as ultimately that is what I would like to ride, just for the simplicity of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.